Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Staying awake longer then 48 hours watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Don't do it. Trust me, you feel absolutely horrible afterwards. 'Horrible' is an understatement. Not worth it.

^ This. It triggered my insomnia too. I've only recently got it in check because of uni but it's just not worth it, OP.
    Haven't seen ya around for a while, hope you've been good m8 and soz to hear about someone passin in ur life too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    Well I did reach around 60 hours. Went on dofe and couldn't sleep in my uncomfortable tent. Not going to lie peeps, I started hearing voices and saw lights.
    Was it scary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Haven't seen ya around for a while, hope you've been good m8 and soz to hear about someone passin in ur life too.
    Likewise, love!

Oh, no, sorry, I misread that. Not the passing part. Nobody died recently in my life. I'm sorry to hear it happened in yours though. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Wouldnt you start hallucinating after a while?
    I did when I missed two nights of sleep lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Was it scary?
    You reach a point where you're just too tired to care or be scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    It feels like I never sleep.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, love!

Oh, no, sorry, I misread that. Not the passing part. Nobody died recently in my life. I'm sorry to hear it happened in yours though. :console:
    fanx m8

ReputationRep:
    Well I did reach around 60 hours. Went on dofe and couldn't sleep in my uncomfortable tent. Not going to lie peeps, I started hearing voices and saw lights.
    You must have planned an easy route then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I have but not by choice. It is a draining experience.
    I have but not by choice. It is a draining experience. [2]

Yep. Felt like complete crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    You must have planned an easy route then
    lolno

ReputationRep:
    lolno
    When I did dofe I went to sleep literally the second my head touched the pillow and it was the biggest struggle of my life trying to wake up the next morning at 7 (to eat uncooked bacon - it wasn't worth it )

ReputationRep:
    I did about 36 once. Got up at 6:30 am for Sixth Form, full day. Nightout, came back, didn't sleep and straight into a 9 hour shift... Nasty

ReputationRep:
    did 56 before i collapsed at uni

i wouldnt recommend - i didnt have a choice

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Trust me, you feel absolutely horrible afterwards. 'Horrible' is an understatement. Not worth it.

^ This. It triggered my insomnia too. I've only recently got it in check because of uni but it's just not worth it, OP.

I have done a lot of all nighters in my time! Sometimes a few in aweek....
    I really feel it does have future ramifications on your body. Be careful....
    I get really tired easily now and I think it was because of keeping up the unhealthy lifestyle for too long. (Especially with girls-it can effect child bearing).

Stay Safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    Preparing for the zombie apocalypse. I don't want sleep to be the thing that lets me down. How did you do it?
    In all seriousness though, I've been doing some reading about sleep debt and I was wondering if it would be possible to keep staying awake 3 days at a time then getting the necessary sleep after. I mainly want to be able to stay awake that long with little difficulty.
    Don't think the sleep debt thing is necessarily that credible and although if you sleep for say 5-6 hrs for a few days, if you set no alarm I find you'll sleep for more like 10+ afterwards, I don't think the idea is to have no sleep for 72 then sleep for say 24.

A better test would be having 90 minute naps every X hours instead of a prolonged period of sleep, because that actually works, albeit not sure about the long term.

Anyway I've done nearing 40, that was enough lol.

ReputationRep:
    Any reason why? I stayed up for 48 hours and I nearly fainted in the shower; there's not really a plus side of doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whats the matter)
    I have done a lot of all nighters in my time! Sometimes a few in aweek....
    I really feel it does have future ramifications on your body. Be careful....
    I get really tired easily now and I think it was because of keeping up the unhealthy lifestyle for too long. (Especially with girls-it can effect child bearing).

Stay Safe
    Hold up, it can affect child-bearing?
    Oh ****, that's it. No more all-nighters for me. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Did 48 hours once - my last A2 exam - red popping eyes and hyperness lmfao

ReputationRep:
    Would NOT recommend. Hallucinations are not a fun thing neither are the different stages of sleep deprivation where you utter complete nonsense and have short term memory less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sort of did 48 hours for A Level results day, it was an absolutely terrible idea, do not do it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.