Turn on thread page Beta

If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, should you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, should you?

Let's say you're really smart and perfectly capable of rising from zero to major baller in no time and influence government policies around the world. Should you?

(Just wondering since we have a lot of right wing, free markets TSR members). - Also would you personally do it?

Bill
    Being able to do something tells you nothing about the morality of doing it. I think you are connecting you unrelated things imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Being able to do something tells you nothing about the morality of doing it. I think you are connecting you unrelated things imo.
    We live in a society where gaining more is always perceived as better. It's just a question, looking for a general and individual response. I take it you would not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    We live in a society where gaining more is always perceived as better. It's just a question, looking for a general and individual response. I take it you would not?
    I think I would not base the decision of whether to enslave the world on whether I have the intelligence to enslave the world. Rather tautologically, I would only enslave it if I had both the ability and the desire to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

I was thinking more Pinky and the Brain?

ReputationRep:
    Only if you let me.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.