x Turn on thread page Beta

Your Most Pleasant Dream Asleep ... watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Skyping with Salman Khan
    Nice ! Thank you for contributing.

ReputationRep:
    Um... the most relaxing time is when I'm in what they call Deep Sleep, so unfortunately no dreams:/ However, I do know that I have often woken up (grudgingly) with the feeling that I have just had the best dream in the world. The only problem is that I can never remember it! But if you are interested about dreams in general, I might add that:
    1. I have often, while dreaming, had the fuzziest idea that I've been in such a situation before
    2. A friend once said that they had composed songs in their sleep
    3. My dreams often evolve around people I know or have spoken with (so maybe, just maybe, I might end up dreaming about you! lol).
    4. Sometimes I randomly start getting pumped up with adrenaline in my sleep, perhaps because I'm very excited about something-or-other, and it feels just like I've received 20 rep on TSR!
    I'll have to end it there, I'm afraid, because it is a rather personal topic
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I dreamt i saw a cardinal in my school hall. As a birdwatcher this was such a brilliant dream and i was so upset when i woke up that i hadn't actually saw it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlad83)
    Nice ! Thank you for contributing.
    You are welcome

I hope you are not being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyOU)
    it has 69 and a lollipop.
    no cream. (it has a bath in it so that would be hard)
    Then mine is dirtier :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    'The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    #
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Love that song

ReputationRep:
    WOW ! What a quote !
    Though obviously rather dramatic and desperate at the same time .. but amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    You are welcome

I hope you are not being sarcastic
    Definitely not !
    The probability of sarcasm is about 0 % by the OP's scale of estimations. Currently a 0.0 proportion of sarcasm detected.
    Your present comment led me to this idea : is there / could there be such a thing as sarcastic dreams ? [ "Going off" there a bit - but still in the context of this thread's main topic ] .
    Mhmm ?.. I wonder ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    I dreamt i saw a cardinal in my school hall. As a birdwatcher this was such a brilliant dream and i was so upset when i woke up that i hadn't actually saw it
    Yes .. I know - one of the typical psychological reactions after a pleasant dream I guess. That happens too. A downside, a reverse side of a nice fulfilling dream - let's put it like that.
    Aww .. Sorry to hear that ! But I hope your real life bird watching experiences have many events in store for you that are even more pleasant than the one outlined in this dream.
    Still - this was such a beautiful dream ! A cardinal? This must be a type of bird I suppose ? I don't think I am familiar with that one - not in English any way.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Yes .. I know - one of the typical psychological reactions after a pleasant dream I guess. That happens too. A downside, a reverse side of a nice fulfilling dream - let's put it like that.
    Aww .. Sorry to hear that ! But I hope your real life bird watching experiences have many events in store for you that are even more pleasant than the one outlined in this dream.
    Still - this was such a beautiful dream ! A cardinal? This must be a type of bird I suppose ? I don't think I am familiar with that one - not in English any way.
    hey, aww that was such a sweet reply yeah it is a type of bird, an american one:

ReputationRep:
    most pleasant dream (when asleep)
    Lmao what... Anyway, I do in fact remember the dream from this morning.

I was in school and for some reason in my dream I believed, quite firmly at the time, that school lunches comprised of the body parts of students who were randomly selected and butchered everyday. Kind of amazing how you can be deceived in sleep. In this particular dream it was of course my turn to be selected. At registration I tried to get out of it by saying how I was studying really hard and it would all go to waste. My grandparents were also there lmao and they tried to back me up but to no avail. I sprinted for the door but tripped and got carried down the steps to the cafeteria. Doesn't make much sense as the room I was in isn't by the cafeteria, and the steps were piano keys.

I killed someone off London Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    1. I have often, while dreaming, had the fuzziest idea that I've been in such a situation before
    This !
    The same with me - I can certainly understand "where you are coming from".
    On some occasions when seeing a dream in my sleep, I had a feeling, an impression that I already had that - or a similar - dream before (if not even more than once !). So it is like a repeat - sort of. But is it ?..
    Hmm.. The world of sleeping dreams is such a weird and unexplained thing if you think about it. Or maybe it is our mind or brain, to be more precise ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Wow !!...

Wow !!...
    Yeah I have quite vivid dreams so I remember most of mine. This is one of the nicer ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Nil comment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    hey, aww that was such a sweet reply yeah it is a type of bird, an american one:
    Thank You for the nice comment and for explaining ! You are very nice !
    And Ohh - thanks for the picture too - that is such a gorgeous bird 200 % .
    What a work of art / a work of nature !

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.