Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you/have you ever used Tinder? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you ever used Tinder?
    Yes
    25.09%
    No
    74.91%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    I remind you this is a forum for students who can date

I can produce emoticons to prove my claim. :fyi:
    THE STUDENT ROOM not the dating room

ReputationRep:
    I made it to fuel my ego mostly but then one thing lead to another and I got laid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was also amusing to see how many people from my old school swiped right to me now that puberty's done its trick, I don't know, Tinder's strangely fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Are you a swiper?
    I found your past avatar much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

ReputationRep:
    Went camping once, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    No females ever reply / message first

Naa why use Tinder when you got Grindr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    I found your past avatar much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
    The pop doll one? Oh it's coming back next week don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls have in their bios "Swipe left if you're shorter than 6ft" sort of thing, silly really. I think a lot of girls use it to gain more followers on snapchat/instagram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Laid from a Buzzfeed comments section. Beat that.
    I'd rather be celibate than be on Buzzfeed long enough to post a comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    I made it to fuel my ego mostly but then one thing lead to another and I got laid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was also amusing to see how many people from my old school swiped right to me now that puberty's done its trick, I don't know, Tinder's strangely fun.
    in terms of numbers.men are just easier.

love how you said "I got laid" strange. liking the honesty too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Are you a swiper?
    considered joining at one point. after breakup.

not sure id have the confidence to pull it off. but honestly wouldnt be a bad idea to try these things. im 20 not 54...im not set in my ways just yet...even if Im lacking in experience.

ReputationRep:
    Used it for a week. Didn't realise it took photos from my facebook profile, only picture that wasn't 3 years old was one of me making the ugliest face imaginable. Awesome.

Proceeded to swipe nope on 99% of the girls it showed me, eventually ran out of people to show me within an 85km radius.

Got one match. They never messaged back.

11/10 would Tinder again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    in terms of numbers.men are just easier.

love how you said "I got laid" strange. liking the honesty too.
    That's actually really true, I also got matched with lots of girls but like none of them messaged me, unlike the dozens of messages I had from guys ;~;

Hahah thanks, I try to be open about sex and really blunt about things - jumping around the subject is boring Also in response to your other comment - do it! Tinder's amusing when you've not got much to do, and it's a nice way of meeting people, even if it doesn't lead to anything (plus, if you're not in the best of moods or you don't have high self esteem it can also help! I accidentally spread Tinder through my group of friends, who got it after I was really open about it oops)

ReputationRep:
    Every day at 21:05pm, I log onto Tinder, and proceed to cry whilst realising that I've obtained so little a life and so few Tinder matches, that my Tinder graph is suffering. Not to mention that I get one match every 273 swipes. That's 0.36 percent of my swipes.
    Life as an ugly male is sad.

To be fair, though, I have had quite a few interesting conversations on there...

But yes, I am a proud swiper.

ReputationRep:
    No but I know that at least two of my friends have. They said it's good fun meeting new people and going out on dates and stuff.

(Original post by Josb)
    You need Facebook to register. I don't have Facebook.
    :indiff:
    Really? didn't know you needed facebook to sign up o well, i was thinking about using it to see if i'm as bad looking online as i seem to be in person :lol:

(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    I got laid using TSR-beat that.
    i got laid using gardeners world forum, beat that

ReputationRep:
    got loads of matches here I was overwhelmed at first

ReputationRep:
    tsr >>>>>

(Original post by bravewoodmouse)
    I met my boyfriend on Tinder, we've been together over a year now. It can be a lot of fun and you can meet some nice people on there if you follow these simple rules...

How to meet normal people on Tinder

1. Left swipe if they have topless selfies done in the mirror, pictures of them with a tiger, or they have an aspirational quote as their description.
    2. If you have matches, you'll need to actually message them as often people get scared at this point. Even just a 'how's your day going' is ok, to show you're friendly. You've got nothing to lose.
    2. If messaging is going ok, arrange to meet sooner rather than later, as in within a few days. You'll know if it's a yes or a no very quickly.

This is from a female point of view, guys may have different rules
    Used Tinder before . . very selective in who I swiped right to, but those that I did get a match with, I messaged, being friendly and polite - not one, I kid you not, had the manners to return my message. TBH I think it's just an ego boost app, full of people, in particular guys, who are bored, wanting to fill their time. Majority also have gf/wives, I know this because I have seen them out and about in town with their SO!?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.