Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I likely to get five rejections? Should (can?) I change my choices? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    If I get all offers, Oxford will be my firm choice and if I meet the conditions I will go to Oxford. It's quite unlikely though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As I said,be positive.
    Work hard

ReputationRep:
    Hi op, I'm an international student applying for PPE as well, although I'm attending a school in the UK. If your grades meet the requirements of your five unis I seriously doubt you will be rejected by all of them, despite the potential weakness in your ps. And UCAS only allows a substitution of choice within seven days, so stop panicking and as you are applying to Oxford, get ready for the TSA and your interview. Good luck to your application!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to PPE in LSE, UCL, and KCL last year and PE at Edinburgh and Bristol. I was worried about getting rejected by all of them at first too. Got rejected only by LSE and UCL. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure you'll get an offer :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    Hello everyone,
    I applied for PPE at Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham and Warwick. Since all of them are very competitive I am worried that I will get five rejections. I applied three weeks ago and until now I have nothing.
    I am an international applicant taking the German Abitur. I am predicted 1.0 - 1.3 ( 1.0 is the best grade you can achieve. I think 1.0 is like A*A*A* and 1.3 maybe like A*AA?) For Abitur the requirements for my choices are:
    LSE 1,3 UCL 1,4 Warwick 1,5-1,2 Durham 1,2 Oxford 1,5
    My grades are within the requirements (except maybe for Durham) but I am still worried because I have no "fancy" extracurriculars and I consider my personal statement to be comparatively weak because nobody could help me and I didn't have much time to do it.
    Do you think I could/should change my choices to prevent to get no offers at all? Because with my application I don't think that any of these universities will offer me a place..
    I would be happy about any advice/thoughtts about this, I am a little desperate about this at the moment.
    You should get offers your personal statement is a concern but extra curricular a don't matter in the UK it is much more about grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.