Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer for Law, and I really want it to be my insurance, so I've emailed them to clarify. It should state on UCAS if it'll revert to conditional if not firm - but it doesn't, so I'm presuming insurance is ok, but I've contacted them to check.

ReputationRep:
    Unless it specifically says 'unconditional if firm' then it is an unconditional no matter what

ReputationRep:
    Universities are doing two different things with pre-A level unconditional offers.

1 Some are making conditional offers but are writing to say that if you make this your firm choice, they will turn it unconditional.

2 Others are making straightforward unconditional offers through UCAS. These can be accepted as either firm or insurance offers.

I am not aware of any university that is purporting to make unconditional offers through UCAS to which they are trying attach strings by letter.

In previous years Birmingham was doing 1 and Leicester was doing 2.

Here is the position with Leicester

https://le.ac.uk/student-life/underg...ying/accepting

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Leicester and they said the unconditional offer remains whatever choice, they're brill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I got an unconditional offer for Law, and I really want it to be my insurance, so I've emailed them to clarify. It should state on UCAS if it'll revert to conditional if not firm - but it doesn't, so I'm presuming insurance is ok, but I've contacted them to check.
    Sorry I probably should have posted something. I emailed them to clarify abd they said it will remain unconditional, regardless of if it's my firm or insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    Guys,
    Are any of you going to the conference day thing on the 6th? Or have any of you booked onto the visit days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgitsmelz)
    Guys,
    Are any of you going to the conference day thing on the 6th? Or have any of you booked onto the visit days?
    I went to an open day in the summer and really liked it. If you go, I'd have a wonder around the city too because it gives you a good feel for the place, and go on the bus tour to the accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I have got an unconditional for law and was wondering the same thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.