Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recruitment agency Scam (TC World, Gray industries etc) watch

ReputationRep:
    Almost exactly one year on - Oct 2016 - & the same thing has happened to me. Email first, saying they "saw my CV & wanted to invite me for an interview" Next, I got a call from a very polite young lady, saying all the right things, but NOT mentioning an actual job by name (just 'see what roles we have available that might suit you') Finally, a confirmation email for a 45 minute interview etc.
    Then I saw your post while Google-ing for some info on the company, TC Sales / TC World... I have an 'interview' with them tomorrow morning in Manchester. Normally this would cost me over £10 in taxis & trams, but luckily my other half is on holiday, & can give me a lift. Don't know if I'll bother now...

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have got the same call a lady saying she has seen my CV and to invite me for an interview with them in Manchester she seemed to be nice and no mention of what kind of job it is, then I received a email saying about the interviewwill last 45mins there's no need to bring anything I might just politely decline the invitation now

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother going for the interview at Fortitude Plethora, I went yesterday and biggest waste of time. Job seems to be very misleading and not at all what they advertised. The manager avoided questions about pay but I found out that's it's 100% commission only...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Internetboy)
    I've also had an interview at Gray Industries, another company which is dodgy as well is Fortitude Plethora based in Manchester Deansgate. Both of these companies are under Credico. Please see this article which gives way more info on these companies. https://thedevilcorp.wordpress.com
    This link looks really worrying, I went for the interview here yesterday and seems dodgy as

ReputationRep:
    I went to an interview at the deansgate company Fortitude Plethora and it seemed really dodgy, went on a trial open day and spoke to the staff and been told it's all commission based no basic salary... after reading more of the reviews online it looks like the only helpful reviews are the bad ones and the good ones are all the same stuff written as if employees have been forced to write them or something... does anyone else have anymore info on this place?? Is it worth me taking the job and relying on only comission to get by? I've just graduated uni and I'm desperate to get into work but I don't know if Fortitude Plethora seems legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchesterlife9)
    I went to an interview at the deansgate company Fortitude Plethora and it seemed really dodgy, went on a trial open day and spoke to the staff and been told it's all commission based no basic salary... after reading more of the reviews online it looks like the only helpful reviews are the bad ones and the good ones are all the same stuff written as if employees have been forced to write them or something... does anyone else have anymore info on this place?? Is it worth me taking the job and relying on only comission to get by? I've just graduated uni and I'm desperate to get into work but I don't know if Fortitude Plethora seems legit
    hi, i actually took the job they offered me here about 3 weeks ago and i was told they thinks it best i leave today as i have hardly made any sales. the manager is horrible and is focused on sales and money only. the job is full of empty promises of a 6 figure salary in 12 months and its basically just a pyramid scheme. you're told that you have to start at the bottom and then grow a team so u can earn more commission. oh and its all commission based btw, which they avoid telling you till you've started. the jobs basically u get there about 8am in city centre, do some training which is the same thing every day till about half 8 then they do a morning meeting which involves a lot of chanting and running about (think wolf of wall street) 9am, u go out with a few other staff and pay for your own travel out to various places around manchester - (the poorest parts) and set up a little stall in the street or outside a shop and stop people passing by to sell them broadband. its all fake and everything u say is scripted, u then get new customers for broadband and do a credit check on them (a lot fail) and if they pass and don't cancel it within 2 weeks, then u will get ur commission. if they do cancel it, or u don't make any sales that day, u don't make any money. simple... no lunch break, no little breaks, no sick pay, no flexibility, no holidays. if you're not selling, you're not earning a pay. so 9-6ish you're out on the street selling, then about 6 you'll head back to the office in the city centre, again travel is paid for by yourself and not reimbursed. and you'll get back to the office and do more training, just going over how else u can make customers sign up, and what schemes you can use and cheer for whoever in the office made the most money that day. training ends about 8, and thats when you're let off your lead to go home, if they're not forcing you to go out to expensive bars for drinks after work to show you what money can buy. if you don't go, you're looked down on and you're the odd one out. repeat all that monday to saturday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.