Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I think more optimistically? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    As written in the title. Any advice?
    I think the very person to whom you should be looking for inspiration is in fact yourself (based on one of your previous posts). You've endured lots of adversities in life, far more than the average child or even adult, and managed to somehow thrive in the midst of all this!

So whenever you're in doubt, just think of how you managed to overcome your past problems, and remember that you are a badass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I think the very person to whom you should be looking for inspiration is in fact yourself (based on one of your previous posts). You've endured lots of adversities in life, far more than the average child or even adult, and managed to somehow thrive in the midst of all this!

So whenever you're in doubt, just think of how you managed to overcome your past problems, and remember that you are a badass.
    Thank you so much! I'm so glad somebody actually read my posts I will defo take on board that advice, don't know why I didn't in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    idk lol i classify myself as a pessimist but i'm good at motivating and encouraging others but i cant do it for myself haha it's really weird

but the rare times when i did feel optimistic and motivated and like **** YEAH I CAN DO THIS i did this:

i took the task i wanted to do, i broke it down - then again - and again until there was a small amount i had to do in each time frame. I then made a list with all those small tasks on it, and started ticking them off

i know aA LOT of people say ticking lists help but honestly they are right like i just wanna get all the work done so i can tick all the boxes haha

and then when you've done that task you feel invincible and like you can do anything and then the next task wont be as hard to do and you'll be like "**** yeah, i got this, i'm awesome BOW TO ME"

try it out haha

good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    idk lol i classify myself as a pessimist but i'm good at motivating and encouraging others but i cant do it for myself haha it's really weird

but the rare times when i did feel optimistic and motivated and like **** YEAH I CAN DO THIS i did this:

i took the task i wanted to do, i broke it down - then again - and again until there was a small amount i had to do in each time frame. I then made a list with all those small tasks on it, and started ticking them off

i know aA LOT of people say ticking lists help but honestly they are right like i just wanna get all the work done so i can tick all the boxes haha

and then when you've done that task you feel invincible and like you can do anything and then the next task wont be as hard to do and you'll be like "**** yeah, i got this, i'm awesome BOW TO ME"

try it out haha

good luck !
    Wow, that's epic advice! Thank you so much :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I hail you, you are awesome XP I definitely will try it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Wow, that's epic advice! Thank you so much :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I hail you, you are awesome XP I definitely will try it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha awh no problem haha thank you you're so sweet! :hugs:
    yeah do try it! hopefully it works haha

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    You either:

Or engage in some:

Follow this and you can become a dimmer and less optimistic version of me!
    Dimmer? hahaha. Back hander much.
    Dark Souls for the win. Though... such a chill game

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.