Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saafe G, enjoy the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    An athiest is the one who does not believe in gods.. u r quite small now for making such a big decision. I would recommend u to understand the verses of Quraan.. & ask for guidance from Aalims(islamic scholars).. Th age at which u r now is the age of getting misleaded or u cant understand what is ri8 and what is wrong.. before doing anything just think of the AZAAB from Allah to the people who didnot follow Allah..
    She is not small for making such a decision and Allah can't nor doesn't do bad things to people who don't follow him, as the billions of non-muslims who exist, prove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She is not small for making such a decision and Allah can't nor doesn't do bad things to people who don't follow him, as the billions of non-muslims who exist, prove.
    This is because of our Prophet who prayed from Allah for us that we might get safe from his disasters.. which Allah accepted..

ReputationRep:
    It's tough to leave your faith when everyone around you believes in it so strongly. I don't have a lot of experience with Islam, but I know people here who have been disowned by their Baptist families/communities for accepting evolution and homosexuality. I've heard some devout Catholic communities can be pretty harsh as well.

I think you might have to prepare for the possibility that some members of your family will disown you. I'd guess that some will be more accepting, some will refuse to speak to you, and some will keep trying to convert you back to Islam.

If you're dependent on people for money to go to university, you might have to keep up the act until you're done. But once you get your degree, you can just find a job and move away from home.

I still have a few relatives that I'll pray with in order to humour them because I don't want to argue with them about religion, and the ones that I know I'm Agnostic don't tell on me because it would be awkward and they want to keep the peace. I don't know if people would be willing to put good social relations over honesty in an Islamic family, though. But if they are, you could just tell the people you know would accept it, and pretend around the ones that wouldn't.

In general, it might be easier to move out by yourself, see your family less, tell a few people that you trust, and pretend you believe around the ones that are really devout.

Does any of that make sense in your situation?

ReputationRep:
    This is because of our Prophet who prayed from Allah for us that we might get safe from his disasters.. which Allah accepted..
    A convenient reply, but one we're not buying. Don't waste your time preaching, we can see through it and the OP expressedly asked for no verses from the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    Hey well I'm Muslim and this is tough man - if your family are anything like mine you better keep that mouth shushed and those thoughts supressed until you move out. Sometimes it's better to leave things unsaid - you might find yourself in a bad situation if you do...

it's sad but it's the way it is

good luck with whatever you decide to do though!

ReputationRep:
    Non Muslims can also go to Jahnna. Secondly, you can never judge. Allah might forgive her on judgement day.
    Considering the amount of hate and ignorance that exists in the muslim community, no wonder so many people are leaving Islam

btw I am muslim

ReputationRep:
    A convenient reply, but one we're not buying. Don't waste your time preaching, we can see through it and the OP expressedly asked for no verses from the Quran.
    That was not a verse of Quraan.. It was from hadees..

ReputationRep:
    The point of this thread was to receive advice on how to come out as an atheist, not for you to send threats or for you to go on about Islam.

So if you're going to be useless, please gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    That was not a verse of Quraan.. It was from hadees..
    I was speaking in general, as you're preaching from scripture, which the OP isn't interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Allah's blessings and mercy extend to non-Muslims, even though their arrogance leads to their own destruction in this life e.g. Thamud, Firaun, the people of Lut etc, or in the next life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Non Muslims can also go to Jahnna. Secondly, you can never judge. Allah might forgive her on judgement day.
    Considering the amount of hate and ignorance that exists in the muslim community, no wonder so many people are leaving Islam

btw I am muslim
    I m not judging anyone.. and I agree with ur comment that non-muslims can go to jannah but only if Allah orders.. & about ur second point, I would say that this the sign of qyamat..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salx.x)
    The point of this thread was to receive advice on how to come out as an atheist, not for you to send threats or for you to go on about Islam.

So if you're going to be useless, please gtfo.
    As u wish.. do what ever u want to do.. I was just trying to help u..

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Allah's blessings and mercy extend to non-Muslims, even though their arrogance leads to their own destruction in this life e.g. Thamud, Firaun, the people of Lut etc, or in the next life.
    And yet many of the world's most generous philanthropists are atheists, and majority atheist countries like Sweden have some of the highest quality of life and education standards...

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like a convenient response to explain prosperous and fortunate non-muslims. And the hereafter narrative is pointless as well as unfalsifiable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salx.x)
    i come from a fairly liberal muslim family in london. I don't wear hijab and i don't pray. My family aren't bad people, but they really do have high expectations for me. My mum says everyday that she knows i'll be great and that she prays everyday that i'll be successful. My siblings are more the issue though, they also have high expectations and have recently become more practising. I know i should wait till i'm old enough to move out (i'm still in school), but it's been a few weeks since i've come to realise of my atheism and i'm already going crazy. I have studied islam in depth and there's many things i believe are wrong and disagree with. I'm going to ask you not to post any qur'an verses, even though i know someone will. What can i do to prepare myself to tell them i'm atheist? And how should i tell them? I can already see what my life is going to be if i don't leave islam soon. I'll only carry on living my miserable life, doing things i don't believe and passing those beliefs to my children who'll have to live the miserable life i did. I respect islam and muslims, but i really do have strong views about things on the dark side of religion that everyone seems to overlook. I got into a really heated argument once with a friend who said that being gay is a choice because it says that nobody is born gay in the quran. I have my own morals and i don't need religion to keep me in place.
    Has anyone else ever left islam, and if so how did your family react?
    don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    what has made you think this? don't nod yourself with everything society says and go along with it. Society is ever-changing and the things you agree with now, in maybe 50 years time you'll look back and think 'wth'. Think deep and hard about everything you question and understand the foundations to why it has been placed within your faith. You're still very young and alot of things can only TRULY be understood through life experiences. Ask your siblings why they are so passionate and why they believe what they do. Try to be open minded and atleast look at why things are a certain way. Also don't focus on the 'negative' of your faith, look into the positive aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    And yet many of the world's most generous philanthropists are atheists, and majority atheist countries like Sweden have some of the highest quality of life and education standards...
    How does that have any relevence to my post?

ReputationRep:
    All of the revelations explaining things seem 'convenient' to jahileen simply because scepticism prevents them from seeing that perhaps it's a logical explanation to the worlds affairs.
    I have looked into it enough and it is anything but logical to me and most others.

How does that have any relevence to my post?
    Because you claim that atheism leads to destruction in their life - yet societies such as Sweden are majority atheist but are the opposite of destroyed. So you're wrong.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.