Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I pay off my student loans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    I would get on the property ladder. That's much harder than paying a bit off your student loan every month and if you ever lose your job or end up earning less for whatever reason, the student loan is adjusted so it will never be too hard to pay off. Student loan is apparently the 'best' debt you'll ever have. I would much rather have a house!
    Me too! . I feel like i'm going to be stuck living with parents forever due to the house prices! I know it's deluded but I actually play lottery every week and feel a win is the only way I can buy a house now. No way I can afford a house even I I get a job with an above average salary in London! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Me too! . I feel like i'm going to be stuck living with parents forever due to the house prices! I know it's deluded but I actually play lottery every week and feel a win is the only way I can buy a house now. No way I can afford a house even I I get a job with an above average salary in London! :mad:
    I know I really want to move out. I live in London and have a decent salary but I'm also funding my way through my MA part time so I can't afford to move out for two years. Hadn't thought of the lottery!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Move?
    There is no place like home! Not moving out of London, sorry

ReputationRep:
    No.
    You'll kick yourself if you need the money further down the line.

ReputationRep:
    Hi read your post, no it won't affect it much i've got a morgage and it didn't even come up with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thediplomat56)
    Student loans don't affect your credit rating (so no it doesn't affect getting a mortgage)
    It affects your monthly disposable income, so it's taken into consideration in that regard.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.