Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Poor Must Pay for the drugs of the Rich watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Who now is engaging in childish left right finger pointing? Please, you're an intelligent chap, stop with this confected outrage at "violent" protesters.

When an egg was thrown at John Prescott it was all a big joke, he laughed, the country laughed. How childish we have become since then.

You will be aware that these egg-throwers represented 0.005% of the protesters, let alone those with far left views, let alone the Corbyn faction, let alone "the left" as a whole.

Even aside from that you're such a big baby getting worked up over an egg. You don't know you're born: in previous decades it was mortars. I personally am far more concerned about the ring of steel and the snipers scoping out the protest from neighbouring rooftops!

This kind of diatribe is no better than "bashing the rich" and completely detracts from reasonable points you make.
    Hi comrade.

Milkshake can't argue the point I made about Georgism so he results to the usual statements about class envy.

Its the same thing here where he couldn't argue my comment about the pitch forks rising and results to a election won the basis of the right rising across Europe.

Well we know why the Tories won. They won on the basis where they said that they would protect Tax Credits and the welfare of blue collar workers. This was basically a move to the center left. Then after they got voted in they pretended to be the party for blue collar workers.

How long did that last? Like 1 month.

Its worth watching this video and your realize what a hypocrite David Cameron & his cabinet are. He says "I would call it the real party of working people". He then goes onto say "Of course we must always support those who can't work" and he also said "As I said on the steps of downing street 5 years ago those who can should those who can't we should always help".

Then 1 month later he decides to let George Osborne cut Employment Support Allowance WRAG by 30% and cut Working Tax Credits for everyone.

Ya the Conservative party is the real party of working people. Of course they are. That is like saying Cameron doesn't do/like Pork.

(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Well we know why the Tories won. They won on the basis where they said that they would protect Tax Credits and the welfare of blue collar workers. This was basically a move to the center left. Then after they got voted in they pretended to be the party for blue collar workers.
    Well, this is a welcome change from, 'it's the Tory media what done it.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Well, this is a welcome change from, 'it's the Tory media what done it.'
    The left on here and in politics present themselves as so intelligent, present themselves as so knowledgeable on the economy, present themselves as the true voice of the people...however;

1) The most intelligent/hard working people, those going out to work to pay for the very existence of this country, have rejected them. The left just lurks on internet forums, or at home, never in the real world. Democracy has spoken. If it looked like Labour were going to do well next election because the people liked their policies then I would change my point-but it doesn't.

2) The party of great knowledge has been widely rejected by society. Yet the left on here comfort themselves by saying "the Tory media", "the public are too stupid". yawn.

3) The way the left go on in politics you would think they were actually the voice of the people. They aren't. They are a pressure group full of pseudo-intellectuals who shout and scream as loud as they can to make up for their pitiful numbers.

The left is just the politics of envy; illegaltobepoor demonstrated this by coming up with his property conspiracy theory which is widely known amongst the genuinely educated as the opposite. But any excuse to vent the jealously. He then comes up with more nonsense, which I really can't be bothered to read, which is similarly hilarious. For someone who was a FOREX trader using algorithms (he says he was anyway) his lack of understanding of the economy is baffling.
    See this thread;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...FOREX%20trader

Scrotgrot will come up with long speeches to try and back up his points, but his real view is a simple one; can someone else please pay for me. i don't care who, just tax someone else for my decisions. Seen here on this thread;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ght=scrot+loan

Again said thread demonstrates the "I'm an economic genius and anyone who disagrees with me is stupid" typical of the left as well as the politics of greed and envy seen here also. I just but them on my ignore list; the government can ignore them in the House of Commons so I certainly can here after all

ReputationRep:
    Hi comrade.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51483766.jpg

Is that how Labour go about things now? Calling each other comrade and singing marxist songs?

Looks like it.
    http://news.sky.com/video/1551433/je...-after-victory

(Happy to sing this, but not the national anthem).

Look at the attachment; looks like the left aren't going to get in to power any time soon;

Goodbye comrades. I am off to get make some vodka from potatoes. We may drink it around an open fire and curse capitalism later.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I laughed so hard and then when his voice went really high pitched, I completely lost it

:rofl:

'I'm the gangbanger, I'm the gangbanger'

Ahahaha

Alright mate, didn't need to tell us

ReputationRep:

Mr Artist is showing a very bad example by not wearing his seat belt. Oh you say his vehicle is stationary. But what if an out of control truck hit his taxi during his recitative ?

ReputationRep:
    The top earners in this country get all their tax contributions returned to them in the form of housing speculation and during boom periods it is possible to get a life time tax contributions back in the form of house price growth.
    ... and yet have to continue to pay high property prices themselves. If you want to do something about that, support regulatory change to build more houses. You'll find many on the right in support of that.

This is a problem that many governments have continued, through endorsing the nonsense of the current greenbelt, imposing a planning system that's near insane in preventing development, backing NIMBYism and failing to appreciate both social and demographic change.

The fact is that there is a limited amount of homes across the UK which have high growth rates in periods of economic boom. These are those in attractive London borough's and those which surround our nations most prized landmarks.
    Build more then. The cenre-right support home ownership not as an investment, but because it gives people a stake in society, gives them freedom over their own property and creates more responsible communities. The lack of affordable homes in London is holding back the city's economic potential.

ReputationRep:
    Mark McGowan's heart is in the right place. Although his video's can but a bit ranty.

His interviews are really good. He's had some fairly big names like Owen Jones, Daniel Finklestein, Caroline Lucas, Natalie Bennett, John McDonnell, Max Kaiser and Mark Steel.

All through the New Labour years and under Cameron we've been told we have bend over backwards to support business and wealth creators.

But what has this done for middle and working class. There living standards have dropped drastically. Wile the top have got richer and richer. Public services what the lower paid rely on more have had there funding slashed.

Factory workers didn't crash the banks and cleaners haven't privatised public services to there mates.

Also it isn't just the case of left vs right, it's also liberal vs authoritarian. We also need split economics and politics. My economics are much more left wing then my politics.

Us politicos need to get away from looking at things left vs right. Everyday people don't think in terms of left or right, but in terms of issues. Housing, health care, wages etc

ReputationRep:
    The idea that the rich are subsidizing the poor is just a simpleton view
    Even though the rich pay most of the tax and the poor take a lot more than they contribute?

ReputationRep:
    The pitch forks are rising my friend. The Norman privilege is going to be swept away soon. Either change, adapt, be more productive and be as many as you can be or downsize to a level which you can afford in harmony with other beings on this world.

Your greed & resistance to the needs of the masses will be your own downfall.
    Lmao they wish. The poor are even more lost into their own consumerism. They don't come to attack the rich they come to take the few petty items they have always dreamt of i.e shoes LOL

Vote tory!!

ReputationRep:
    We should cut benefits deeper, especially for those having children for pay rises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Even though the rich pay most of the tax and the poor take a lot more than they contribute?
    1) How do rich people earn income? Do they exchange their labour for income or do they receive unearned income in the form of dividends and interest?

2) This argument is posed by all pro capitalist people. In reality, middle income salary earners pay the most tax. Also, rich people need to pay tax for their own sake. It's either that or expropriation. lol...it's not like they chose to pay tax out of the good of their heart.

3) I would love it if benefits were abolished. I would go out and start indoctrinating those that have been shafted. I will explain the system to them and how it can be changed and I am sure they will listen. Contrary to what lefties say the welfare state, in the context of capitalism is a revolution-neutralizing tool. Class consciousness has disappeared. Why should people question capitalism if their life is okay and they can live in a house with heating and eat out once a week and watch sky and buy their kids what they want and get tattoos etc etc...?

So, before you criticize the status quo, you need to link it to motives and reasons. Why is the welfare state there? Why hasn't it been removed by the Tories? Why? They hate it. They loathe it but in reality people are not manageable without it. It is impossible to convince people that you are poor because you don't try hard enough or you're not smart enough or you are useless.

Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    We should cut benefits deeper, especially for those having children for pay rises.
    I agree. Revolution cannot occur whilst the working class are being fed from the teat of deceit.

LMAO. I know you're a right winger btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saayagain)
    I agree. Revolution cannot occur whilst the working class are being fed from the teat of deceit.

LMAO. I know you're a right winger btw
    Dave just needs to come out with "we will cut your benefits by 10% and they will run back inside to their FREE subsidised housing.

ReputationRep:

Transcript from ChunkyMark Artist Taxi Driver on You Tube.

Food costs money so does oil and debt. You know sucking on the charlie George. Wheres the charlie George? The real addiction, the real disease, the killer drug spiraling, speed balling bloody debt!

Household bloody debt about to crash the bloody economy. You know banks giving out bloody crack cards, high street crack loans, banks offering 28% extra to keep your kids bloody warm & fed wearing shoes made by child slaves made in bloody IIndonesia & China!

You know the cocaine of the rich is greed. Greed, power, money; the excesses of life. The empty hole, a bottomless bloody pit. You know a void, a void of Katie Hopkins, David Cameron, George Osborne show me the bodies I still don't care with their looney bloody etons and Ian Duncan Smith show me the bodies let me see them dead crawling on the floor looking for a bit you might of chipped off earlier in a carpet so dirty so covered in speckle it could be the entire (f word) galaxy. Every single star and it still wouldn't be enough for them. They would still be looking for one more. Ride the bloody monkey, ride the monkey snort-inhale-snort-inhale-snort
    I thought this may be an osborne quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Yes they are (if you have a truly incorrect definition of subsidising anyway).

ReputationRep:
    The poor must pay for the excesses of the rich! for the gucci, for their daughter pony, for the wait-rose pony straw feed!

The poor must pay for the excesses of the rich! for the gucci, for their daughter pony, for the wait-rose pony straw feed!
    I worry for your mental health sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Dave just needs to come out with "we will cut your benefits by 10% and they will run back inside to their FREE subsidised housing.
    Do you think somebody should buy their own accommodation if they're a non London based member of parliament?

Do you think they should pay for their own travel as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Do you think somebody should buy their own accommodation if they're a non London based member of parliament?

Do you think they should pay for their own travel as well?
    how is this relevant to what i posted?

haha

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.