Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how many pushups can you do to failure? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    112 is the most I have ever done in one go. Strict form of course, was getting fitness levels check in rugby like2 years ago.

Don't do pushups anymore, after you can do 50 or so they become pretty useless and it's time to start benching with the big boys haha.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I can do 123 basic push ups and 12 one handed push ups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    31 on a good day here
    That is impressive, well done, congratulations !
    Me - about 20 push ups maximum (in one single set / go, and going all or almost all the way down to the floor and up), but that is about maximum like I said, and could be less on occasions.
    The reason I am explaining how I do it is because different people probably use different methods (such as not going all the way down or up) so in that case we would be talking slightly different things when comparing each other's results.
    I have my own thread on this topic where I was talking about my personal performance with push ups.

ReputationRep:
    Let's find out.

Edit: 15. Not quite "to failure", but I doubt I could have exceeded 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlad83)
    That is impressive, well done, congratulations !
    Me - about 20 push ups maximum (in one single set / go, and going all or almost all the way down to the floor and up), but that is about maximum like I said, and could be less on occasions.
    The reason I am explaining how I do it is because different people probably use different methods (such as not going all the way down or up) so in that case we would be talking slightly different things when comparing each other's results.
    I have my own thread on this topic where I was talking about my personal performance with push ups.
    i make sure my chin touches the ground, back straight
    i always lol when people point their butt in the air and go down 2 inches

ReputationRep:
    55- at first I use to do only 25 but I kept adding 10 more push ups each week. I'm trying to do 100 non stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    That's not rubbish, just depends how seriously you take fitness or how long you've been training.
    I have an RHR of 46 (if that qualifies as 'taking fitness seriously'), but undertake very little in the way of physical conditioning outside of my daily commute, so my core strength is severely lacking as a result.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    60 pushups in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    0. I dont think I have ever done a push up properly. Maybe 1 but I doubt it..

ReputationRep:
    About 50 maybe... On a good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can probably do 60-70 ish?

Helps that I'm lanky so there's not a lot of weight to lift :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    By failure do you mean to the point where you cannot do one anymore? If so, then 85-90ish. I used to be able to do more

ReputationRep:
    I can now average about 1 since I've been improving my fitness. If I'm rebellious I'll go 2. No big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I can go up to 45-50 in one sitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    i make sure my chin touches the ground, back straight
    i always lol when people point their butt in the air and go down 2 inches
    OK !
    Good personal technique there - that seems like one of the correct ways to do it. (I am no expert though !). Thanks for telling me.
    Good luck with that !

ReputationRep:
    About 2 or so.
    Used to be more but I messed up my shoulder a couple years back (not from doing pushups) and the crunching sensation isn't exactly the nicest experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Limp Handshake)
    256. what can i say
    You can say you're doing them incorrectly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.