Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Sorry, i did the stage management course.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm auditioning in February on the 16th. I've never done this before so i guess i'm nervous but I have a question do they give you a chair for the monologue or do you have to do it standing up? Are you judged on the movement and use of space in your performance?

ReputationRep:
    IM AUDITIONING aiiiiiiiii

ReputationRep:
    Anyone chosen their monologue yettt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAStudent1996)
    no it's so hard to choose lol

every decision feels like a wrong decision ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    no it's so hard to choose lol

every decision feels like a wrong decision ffs
    When's your audition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tifekusoro)
    Hi guys! I'm auditioning in February on the 16th. I've never done this before so i guess i'm nervous but I have a question do they give you a chair for the monologue or do you have to do it standing up? Are you judged on the movement and use of space in your performance?
    Hey, when I auditioned last year I was able to use a chair as a prop, if they don't mention it in the audition just ask for one. In terms of what you're judged on I have no idea. Any previous reps know?

ReputationRep:
    yep!!

ReputationRep:
    what would you recommend wearing for the audition? on the website it says comfortable clothing and no denim, but I want to wear a pair of jeans that are very flexible and comfortable. would they be annoyed if I turned up in jeans? it's just I'm not a big fan of leggings or jogging bottoms!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovegoodjpg)
    what would you recommend wearing for the audition? on the website it says comfortable clothing and no denim, but I want to wear a pair of jeans that are very flexible and comfortable. would they be annoyed if I turned up in jeans? it's just I'm not a big fan of leggings or jogging bottoms!!
    I wore a jumper, jogging bottoms and some converses last year. I felt like I was dressed pretty poorly in comparison to others, there were loads of people in jeans and whatnot. So I'd say loose would be fine, but I'd like a second opinion on it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wore a jumper, jogging bottoms and some converses last year. I felt like I was dressed pretty poorly in comparison to others, there were loads of people in jeans and whatnot. So I'd say loose would be fine, but I'd like a second opinion on it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah at my audition last year loads of people were wearing jeans. Those running the workshop did say they hoped we were in comfortable clothes we could move around in (they stressed how important it was). As long as you can move easily in them it's fine

ReputationRep:
    Yep, have you chosen yours??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowtiesarec00l)
    Yeah at my audition last year loads of people were wearing jeans. Those running the workshop did say they hoped we were in comfortable clothes we could move around in (they stressed how important it was). As long as you can move easily in them it's fine
    (Original post by bowtiesarec00l)
    Yep, have you chosen yours??
    I'm going to chance it with jeans, I have a nice pair of black ones that are comfortable

I have yes, 12 days to go now!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I did an acting audition for NYT this year (feb)- I'm 16 and it was my third time auditioning! Most people audition multiple times before getting in so fingers crossed! I love to act and have been acting as in at school since a young age. SO yeah, it would be amazing to get in! Odds aren't exactly in my favour seeing as they audition 5,000 people nationally and only accept 500, 240 of which are for the senior course. Haha, anyway good luck to anybody else who as auditioned too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 too but it was my first time so I really doubt I'll get in...I can't deal with this wait though! It's agonising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivani_10)
    Hi! I did an acting audition for NYT this year (feb)- I'm 16 and it was my third time auditioning! Most people audition multiple times before getting in so fingers crossed! I love to act and have been acting as in at school since a young age. SO yeah, it would be amazing to get in! Odds aren't exactly in my favour seeing as they audition 5,000 people nationally and only accept 500, 240 of which are for the senior course. Haha, anyway good luck to anybody else who as auditioned too!
    (Original post by Minix2000)
    I'm 16 too but it was my first time so I really doubt I'll get in...I can't deal with this wait though! It's agonising!
    I wish you both the best of luck! only 2 weeks ish to go

The wait is agonising but it'll be such a good feeling if it's a positive result.

ReputationRep:
    Be aware of how heavily NYT promotes its audition masterclass and Summer School etc. They need to raise £1m+ p.a., so it's in their interest to have a heavy fail rate of auditions and promote their expensive training courses.

Just blowing that pixie dust out of your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Be aware of how heavily NYT promotes its audition masterclass and Summer School etc. They need to raise £1m+ p.a., so it's in their interest to have a heavy fail rate of auditions and promote their expensive training courses.

Just blowing that pixie dust out of your eyes.
    you know the acting courses we've auditioned for are just as expensive? they're a charity, they don't make a profit, everything gets invested back into it. go blow your cynical, patronising pixie dust somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovegoodjpg)
    you know the acting courses we've auditioned for are just as expensive? they're a charity, they don't make a profit, everything gets invested back into it.
    None of that is new information to me. "They need to raise £1m+ p.a." It's their commercial reality, hence the importance of failed auditioners to their income stream.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone that auditioned gotten a reply yet??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.