The Student Room Group

What is your goal for GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Treblebee
Wow, that's pretty amazing!:smile: And now you have to go and achieve those grades:colonhash::wink:

Yup indeed I do :frown:
11 A Stars
Reply 22
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Can I change my target's to what I personally want to achieve. I was just basing my predictions on my school targets :P :redface:

Sure; don't let them put you down!:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Yup indeed I do :frown:

But I'm sure you can do it! Confidence works wonders:h:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
11A* hopefully :h:

You can definitely do it! Coming from someone who got exactly 11A*, I'll tell that the key to getting these grades is to do as many past papers as you can for every subject, it is best to start early in the year and start practising some past papers. Also, make sure you understand everything in every subject and you can test this by explaining the concept to other people.
I'm aiming for 12 A*s :crossedf:
Reply 26
Original post by cherryblossoming
I'm aiming for 12 A*s :crossedf:

Wow, that's great! I believe you can get that:smile:
My personal targets for year 11:
History-A*
Add Science-A*
R.E-A/A*
English Lang-A
Maths-A
Original post by Trapz99
You can definitely do it! Coming from someone who got exactly 11A*, I'll tell that the key to getting these grades is to do as many past papers as you can for every subject, it is best to start early in the year and start practising some past papers. Also, make sure you understand everything in every subject and you can test this by explaining the concept to other people.

Thank you :biggrin:
That was really reassuring to hear since I've never come across anyone who did so well so congratulations on your grades !!
The only subject I'm really concerned about is maths and possibly English language just because of the time restraints but my tea ends are really helpful so hopefully I'll get the grades! But past papers are definitely the best sources of revision and I find the mark schemes amazing !
But I'm sure you can do it! Confidence works wonders:h:

Thanks :smile: I really lacked confidence in year 10 but luckily in year 11 I've began to believe in my self which is really useful :biggrin:
Reply 30
Ive done English Language and Science Unit 1 and got a C and B but that was because I didnt work at all or cared at all tbh

but I've started working again and my targets are:

English Lit, A
Business, A
Math, Goal A, probably a B
Science Unit 2, A
Science Unit 3, A
History, A
French, C
ICT, A
Wow, that's great! I believe you can get that:smile:

Thank you! :colondollar:
Original post by BadgerNeer
I will get 11 A*
Did Geography early and got an A... rip.
Not making the same mistake again, wrote too slowly and missed like 3 questions in the end.

Because an A is so terrible...
I want at least 1+ grade from my mock results, and an A in maths because I am bad at it and it will be my greatest achievement haha :biggrin:
Original post by Aniiforever
Nice thread and hope your words come true that what we out here we end up with :u:

I'm hoping for the following and I don't really aim high but I'll be content with these:

I've already gained an A* in philosophy and ethics and an A respectedly in both English literature and IT.

For English language I'm hoping for a minimum B but I'd be over the moon with an A so let's hope for the best.

History the minimum I want is an A but really my aim is an A*

Maths I'll be the happiest with a B, seriously !

Both sciences I'll be fine with a B but I will aim for an A in at least one .

Spanish my CAs are all A*s so rn my only concern are the exams so I'm hoping for an A overall.

Statistics I want an A.

If you're doing Edexcel GCSE Maths, I'm more than happy to PM you my resources
My targets are:

English Language - A*
English Literature - A*
French - A*
Sociology - A*
Performing Arts - A
Philosophy and Ethics - A
Maths - B
Core Science - B
Additional Science - B

I've already gained an A* in ECDL ICT, despite my hatred of Microsoft Excel! :P I'm hoping to pull off those A*s as I absolutely love English (currently have aspirations to become an English teacher), while French and Sociology are also great passions. My only concern is Core Science, which I missed on learning because I joined my current school around a third through Year 10, and they taught Core during Year 9. :/ Not exactly looking forward to my Science mocks in less than a fortnight's time!

Btw, my school has given me a target grade of B in all of my subjects because of a lack of data, due to being home-schooled for seven years. How I sometimes detest the word 'data'... :mad:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm wanting at least 8 A* (ideally 10) but realistically I'll probably get below that. Here are my subjects:

Mathematics: A (but I really want an A*)
Physics: A (hoping for an A* again. I did get 100% in my ISA though, so I'm 1/4 of the way there)
Spanish: A (although I've got 100% in coursework so far)
English Literature: A (got an A* in my coursework)
English Language: A* (got an A* in coursework)
Chemistry: A* (100% in ISA)
Biology: A* (100% in ISA)
Geography: A*
Computing: A* (100% on A452 coursework. I haven't done A453 coursework yet)

Religious Studies: A* (I've already achieved this. I dropped 1 mark in the entire exam!)

I'm also considering doing the Further Maths qualification for GCSE, but I'm not sure on that yet because I really want to nail GCSE Mathematics first.
No, Yr 10, but because I'm doing GCSEs at home, I've already finished History, and may as well be in Yr 11 concerning maths and the sciences lol So I guess it's like being in Yrs 10, 11 and 12 (except I'm not doing A-levels yet) altogether!:tongue:

We didn't do coursework, but if you're doing History with Edexcel, pm me and I might be able to help:smile:

You're home-schooled? :smile: Nice to meet someone who is familiar with the experience; up until last year, I was home-schooled for seven years myself.
Original post by loki123456
If you're doing Edexcel GCSE Maths, I'm more than happy to PM you my resources
yes I am unfortunately and I'm dreading the exam:s-smilie: thanks for that, please do:biggrin:
Original post by Joshua-P
I'm wanting at least 8 A* (ideally 10) but realistically I'll probably get below that. Here are my subjects:

Mathematics: A (but I really want an A*)
Physics: A (hoping for an A* again. I did get 100% in my ISA though, so I'm 1/4 of the way there)
Spanish: A (although I've got 100% in coursework so far)
English Literature: A (got an A* in my coursework)
English Language: A* (got an A* in coursework)
Chemistry: A* (100% in ISA)
Biology: A* (100% in ISA)
Geography: A*
Computing: A* (100% on A452 coursework. I haven't done A453 coursework yet)

Religious Studies: A* (I've already achieved this. I dropped 1 mark in the entire exam!)

I'm also considering doing the Further Maths qualification for GCSE, but I'm not sure on that yet because I really want to nail GCSE Mathematics first.

Wow! I wish I was as good as that in coursework. My coursework is always my falling point:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest