Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    haha yeah even now i think i still wouldn't be able to get a picture it seems so awkward! i think i'd rather shake their hand and tell them how much they mean to me than steal a picture and run off haha - unless they offered then why not

deffo gonna hang around oxford street now haha
    :lol:
    Ok my sister saw JLS around tottenham court road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)

My dad once met Alan Shearer in a men's toilet
    ... but that was yonks ago and he just said 'hi' or something
    yonks ago i LOVE it hahaha
    ooohhh footballer - does your dad still fanboy about that moment? haha

ReputationRep:
    i think i met the ex england rugby international matt dawson when i was younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    :lol:
    Ok my sister saw JLS around tottenham court road
    NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    :eek: :eek:

omg i came SO close to meeting Aston (from JLS) last summer!, he was doing a BBC Radio 1 interview and me and my friend were basically there just in time but we missed him by LITERALLY 2 minutes because we couldn't find the ****ing building! We were looking for ages, running round and round but we just couldn't see it and there were only like 3 fans outside too! When we looked back we were so close we were literally round the corner from the thing! ugh so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    omg you met a theoretical physicist! :eek: i would've just stood in front of him and let all the knowledge radiate into my brain... thats how it works right?
    Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    omg you met a theoretical physicist! :eek: i would've just stood in front of him and let all the knowledge radiate into my brain... thats how it works right?

omg you met Trey from Boyz n the Hood?! that is bloody cool! i need to see this interview is it on YouTube? lol

haha #truth right there
    yeah but the one with cuba was with a lot more people and the jeremy irvine one was more personal, it was him and michael morpurgo. i'd link but wouldn't want anyone to see some stuff lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
    dammit

(Original post by K.C)
    yeah but the one with cuba was with a lot more people and the jeremy irvine one was more personal, it was him and michael morpurgo. i'd link but wouldn't want anyone to see some stuff lel
    Omg Michael Morpurgo as well! how did you even get that opportunity?! that's so awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    dammit

Omg Michael Morpurgo as well! how did you even get that opportunity?! that's so awesome!
    sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    yonks ago i LOVE it hahaha
    ooohhh footballer - does your dad still fanboy about that moment? haha
    Not really - I was more excited than he was and I found out ages after it happened!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    sixth form!
    really?! that's so ****ing cool! i wish my 6th form does stuff like that! we literally don't do anything oh my gosh. theres a school nearby our school that's hooking students up with apprenticeships for MI5 ! like how cool is that?

and then there's our school literally neglecting us smh

ReputationRep:
    I've met Matthew Lewis and the Phelps twins from Harry potter.
    I've also met the Kardashian sisters (I was forced to go against my will to see them).
    Oh and Krept and Konan too.

ReputationRep:
    Not really - I was more excited than he was and I found out ages after it happened!
    haha awhh my brother would die if he met a football player - he watches every single match ever and plays FIFA 24/7 i literally don't get it

i was more of a WWE WWF person - until it turned to **** -_-

would LOVE to meet The Rock or Steve Austin

or The Undertaker but he's too intimidating haha he'll probably take my soul

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Ramsey at the airport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh my gosh that's so AWESOMMMEEE that's so cool!

haha was it a Barclays bike? that's so funny i wish i could think of something like that on the spot! i'd probably be like "hey that's the guy that was on the news"
    I'm pretty sure they are Santander sponsored now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I've met Matthew Lewis and the Phelps twins from Harry potter.
    I've also met the Kardashian sisters (I was forced to go against my will to see them).
    Oh and Krept and Konan too.
    ooh that's awesome! not a big harry potter fan (don't know why haha) but that's really cool! :eek:

omgosh against your will haha - was it worth it?

That's awesome ! - don't listen to Hip Hop much but still AWESOME!

how do you people get to meet these guys even?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    I'm pretty sure they are Santander sponsored now?
    i thought there were both Barclays and Santander ones... but idk haven't been central in a while so haven't seen either in the last like 3 months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    haha awhh my brother would die if he met a football player - he watches every single match ever and plays FIFA 24/7 i literally don't get it

i was more of a WWE WWF person - until it turned to **** -_-

would LOVE to meet The Rock or Steve Austin

or The Undertaker but he's too intimidating haha he'll probably take my soul

I also met Bill Turnbull; when I was in junior school he came to give an assembly and I asked him a question (but I have no idea what it was )

ReputationRep:

I also met Bill Turnbull; when I was in junior school he came to give an assembly and I asked him a question (but I have no idea what it was )
    omg is that the BBC breakfast guy? haha that's so cool! We had quite a few lawyers and doctors and other professionals who were apparently well known and we got to ask them questions in assembly but don't remember who they were haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i thought there were both Barclays and Santander ones... but idk haven't been central in a while so haven't seen either in the last like 3 months!
    Hmm I could be wrong. Will keep an eye out for a barclays one tomorrow when i'm in east london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    omg is that the BBC breakfast guy? haha that's so cool! We had quite a few lawyers and doctors and other professionals who were apparently well known and we got to ask them questions in assembly but don't remember who they were haha
    Yes, it is
    I shadowed a barrister yesterday and that's how I got to the House of Lords

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.