Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think is the best way to become wealthy/rich? watch

ReputationRep:
    Step on mere peasants to reach your goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    well i would've said YouTube but you might have had a chance in 2007 but not anymore!

work in computer science - that's money
    You're hardily going to become a millionaire with that career.
    Most of you guys are clueless about obtaining wealth or you do not understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Most of you guys are clueless about obtaining wealth or you do not understand it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And what are your credentials?

ReputationRep:
    lol i didn't say i was an expert

idk my teacher said the reason there's a low supply of computer science teachers is because the rest of them are working as Project Managers etc and making bucks...

ReputationRep:
    Please educate us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Whatever it is, if you're starting up from a middle class or worse background, ideally you need to go to Oxford or Cambridge. Then move into finance. Start your own hedge fundz and BOOM.
    Not only Oxbridge.. the G5 would be a great start but not the be all..

(Original post by Reue)
    What about them?
    Buy and invest in properties/houses etc. STABLE money because people always need a place to live..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nehemiah'sFaith)
    Buy and invest in properties/houses etc. STABLE money because people always need a place to live..
    So which is it, are you going to buy or invest in? How will you raise the starting capital?

ReputationRep:
    Do fundraising to pretend you're doing it for a good cause then keep the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

And what are your credentials?
    That should not concern you, as asking about a persons profession is quite rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Do fundraising to pretend you're doing it for a good cause then keep the money.
    cheeky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Please educate us
    Well being wealthy is about having a financial portfolio, I mean ops question should be more specific, as if he means quickest, but quickest is not always the securest method.Once you learn to build a portfolio, then you will understand or get a taste of wealth, as there is a traditional but not a fixed method in obtaining wealth.
    There is wealth, and then there is generational wealth, which as what most people should you guys should be aiming for.

ReputationRep:
    That should not concern you, as asking about a persons profession is quite rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your saying we know nothing about making wealth,so I'm asking what achievements do you have that you can make such a statement without being a hypocrite.
    It's just as rude to say we know nothing about wealth creation when it seems your in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    Well being wealthy is about having a financial portfolio
    Why? If I had a billion pounds in cash.. would I not be wealthy?

Once you learn to build a portfolio, then you will understand or get a taste of wealth, as there is a traditional but not a fixed method in obtaining wealth.
    Again; teach us
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You need to exploit a gap in the market. If there is a clear demand for a certain niche area or industry that has not been currently filled (or currently filled well enough to meet the demand), you need to come up with an innovative approach to tackling it.

The only way to get rich is to become a member of the owning class - an entrepreneur.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nehemiah'sFaith)
    I was thinking about properties.. what do you all think?

Let's share ideas and get rich together..
    Don't rely on a wage or capital appreciation.

Short of owning a business (obviously high risk) your best bet is letting property or stock dividends.

ReputationRep:
    Teach us!!!!! Pleaseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Original post by blue_mason)
    well being wealthy is about having a financial portfolio, i mean ops question should be more specific, as if he means quickest, but quickest is not always the securest method.once you learn to build a portfolio, then you will understand or get a taste of wealth, as there is a traditional but not a fixed method in obtaining wealth.
    There is wealth, and then there is generational wealth, which as what most people should you guys should be aiming for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why? If I had a billion pounds in cash.. would I not be wealthy?

Again; teach us

Well people on tsr think that driving a new Mercedes means you're wealthy, so I just wanted to that fix mentality, and yes.
    It is not something that can be taught, it is something that you have to teach yourself to be an instinct, if that makes sense.
    You see, you would rather spend your money,but id rather invest mine.

ReputationRep:
    You see, you would rather spend your money,but id rather invest mine.
    How did you come to that assumption?

ReputationRep:
    Be born into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    How did you come to that assumption?
    I was just expressing the general assumption, or is it really an assumption of how most young people value the pound.
    Do not take it, personally though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.