Should I Wear Jordan To A University Interview?! watch

• View Poll Results: What to wear in my interview
    Fresh J's
    42.11%
    Boring suit
    57.89%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by )
    Obviously a good one, but i don't want to be the odd one out wearing a suit because i would find that sooooo awkward!
    So, why not try a smart casual? That way nothing too formal or informal, the middle

ReputationRep:
    Always a suit. It doesn't have to look like you're going to court or a funeral though.

Get the right suit and you won't look or feel stupid in it and the interviewers can see you're taking the interview seriously. I'm not sure there will be many or even any other people there who aren't in suits tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    So, why not try a smart casual? That way nothing too formal or informal, the middle
    could you show me a picture of what 'smart casual' is please, i only have really casual or a suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Every "informal" interview I have had were pretty formal. As a rule of thumb it stands pretty solid.
    The company I did my work experience with last summer were telling me a bit about their interview process.

They said that they automatically tended to prefer people who didn't wear a suit to the interview. It's not the right style for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    The company I did my work experience with last summer were telling me a bit about their interview process.

They said that they automatically tended to prefer people who didn't wear a suit to the interview. It's not the right style for everyone
    What sort of company was it? All my interviews have been with law firms, banks and surveyors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    What sort of company was it? All my interviews have been with law firms, banks and surveyors.
    Well, that makes a lot more sense then :lol: in that sector, I think you'd have to be stupid not to...

ReputationRep:
    could you show me a picture of what 'smart casual' is please, i only have really casual or a suit.
    I wore formal trousers, formal shoes, smart shirt, knitted vest and a tie to an interview for lab assistant in a hospital

You could always go with formal trousers, formal or just regular shoes (no trainers or similar style), formal shirt and a nice cardigan/jumper or something like that. Just no gym/regular casual wear

I even wore smart casual for warehouse interview and was only one that looked nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    I wore formal trousers, formal shoes, smart shirt, knitted vest and a tie to an interview for lab assistant in a hospital

You could always go with formal trousers, formal or just regular shoes (no trainers or similar style), formal shirt and a nice cardigan/jumper or something like that. Just no gym/regular casual wear

I even wore smart casual for warehouse interview and was only one that looked nice
    So basically a suit but without a blazer and with a jumper?

ReputationRep:
    So basically a suit but without a blazer and with a jumper?
    Almost

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.