Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are guys generally nicer than girls? watch

Both can be *****y, awful bullies.
    But, there's a reason why I generally prefer male company and I think it's because they're more chilled, much less *****y and, yes, nicer.

ReputationRep:
    Its about equal

ReputationRep:
    I think guys are more blunt

(Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Another thread where **** is gonna go down. This is stupid. Every girl is gonna disagree, every guy is gonna agree.
    Which hasn't been the case what so ever. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    My personal experience puts a more complex view on things

With people that I know through school, generally everyone's nice - though I have noticed that the girls are quicker to put each other down, and more of the guys are of the 'never insult anyone' breed. That was badly explained, but in that respect, I'd agree.

However, at work, in terms of customers I serve, it's always the guys who are the d*cks. I guess its the general more confident attitudes that mean that they're much more willing to complain about or verbally abuse the staff (especially the girls on the checkouts, my gf included). Girls coming through the store usually smile more and I've never heard a female under 40 making a complaint.

TL;DR:
    People I know: mostly nice, though guys are usually nicer.
    People I don't know: girls are usually nicer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Which hasn't been the case what so ever. Well done.
    Most guys have agreed, most girls haven't

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as we're dealing with massive generalisations in this thread, my massive generalisation is that there are more guys that are dicks than girls that are dicks, but girls that are dicks are... dickier.

ReputationRep:
    kindness is determined by hair color

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sana_malik)
    in our defense............ girls have hormones and say what they think even if it hurts
    *stabs husband on period*

"Omg im so sorry but yo know how we girls have hormones hehehe"

Sorry that's not a good enough excuse, feel free to try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sana_malik)
    in our defense............ girls have hormones and say what they think even if it hurts
    That's not a defence or an excuse. And I hate when other girls use that as an excuse as it make us decent and rational women look just as bad.

Hormones are not an excuse to be a *****, and judging by the way you put it and your other responses you clearly don't even understand what those hormones actually do. So don't use something you don't even understand as an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Guys>girls

ReputationRep:
    If you're gay, yeah.:love:

ReputationRep:
    How so?
    Liars; two-faced (I would say bipolar but probs not PC enough for here); only want girls for sex or don't know what they want..

ReputationRep:
    I'd say guys , it bias tho
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i don't know any girls

ReputationRep:
    In my experience girls are far more elitist than men, if they like you they'll treat you like a king, if they don't really respect you they'll show no mercy. Men are more stable and in between.

ReputationRep:
    So after a recent event where a girl brutally called out someone I was insecure on it got me thinking!

I would never dare make fun of a fat girl for being fat or an ugly girl and so on for no reason what so ever. However I've found girls can be quite insensitive when it comes to insulting guys! (perhaps encouraged by the stereotype that guys don't have "feelings" so its okay). Obviously guys will do this to women as well but I find that's only when they're defensive after a rejection or something like that.

It's not only that, a lot of girls are *****y about one another, they'll be catty with each other.. whereas guys will banter but that's never serious. They may partake in physical violence too but even after that there's usually a mutual respect and it never carries on after that.

Also find guys will be a lot less ruthless when it comes to talking about exes compared to girls!

Now I know this isn't true for every girl or every guy so I want you to share your input!
    I think that, on average, girls have a slightly higher sense of entitlement than guys. This is especially true for girls that are very good looking. They can do jack all with their lives, and still be valued as an asset to society just based on their looks. Men, on the other hand, can't just use their looks and physical assets to be valuable in society. They have to work their way up the ladder, the hard way.

I think the reason some girls are so entitled is because there are too many guys that place them on a pedestal.

ReputationRep:
    I find girls more *****y and jealous than guys tbh

ReputationRep:
    There are dicks in both genders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    That's not a defence or an excuse. And I hate when other girls use that as an excuse as it make us decent and rational women look just as bad.

Hormones are not an excuse to be a *****, and judging by the way you put it and your other responses you clearly don't even understand what those hormones actually do. So don't use something you don't even understand as an excuse.
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessshhhh. ..... and im gonna say no comment cause i cba

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.