Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend cheated but I still love her watch

ReputationRep:
    Break up with her quickly. You deserve more than for someone to cheat on you. You're worth more than that! She will either cheat on you again or break up with you. Flip your hair (short boy hair is fine) and strut the hell out that door. Don't look back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amirahrahman97)
    ah, that makes this a bit better but exactly, it's quite upsetting... if she is going to break up with him it may upset him more, right?
    Indeed, however it is no different from any other relationship on that regard. It's the risk we take by being with people and loving them. The risk that they don't or might stop loving us is not a good reason to break up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Once someone has cheated in a relationship then it damages trust and usually it can never be recovered, better off getting rid of her.

ReputationRep:
    Dump her. Act like you really don't give a **** to inflict maximum revenge pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Once someone has cheated in a relationship then it damages trust and usually it can never be recovered, better off getting rid of her.
    Evidence to support this claim?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Evidence to support this claim?
    Where do I start, like being paranoid of cheating again for starters.

ReputationRep:
    Where do I start, like being paranoid of cheating again for starters.
    Your claim:
    The trust cannot usually be recovered.

Trusting someone is a process, and obviously trust can be broken and in need of rebuilding. What evidence is there that it usually cannot be rebuilt?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Your claim:
    The trust cannot usually be recovered.

Trusting someone is a process, and obviously trust can be broken and in need of rebuilding. What evidence is there that it usually cannot be rebuilt?
    If you are constantly worried about someone cheating after they have already cheated is there any wonder, I know one thing I could never trust anyone again if they have cheated.

ReputationRep:
    If you are constantly worried about someone cheating after they have already cheated is there any wonder, I know one thing I could never trust anyone again if they have cheated.
    Okay, and that's you, and that is some people. But I haven't seen any evidence to support your claim.

One reading this might feel I'm being pedantic however, what you said was written in a very persuasive manner, and it, in my opinion, over reached in its claim.

Sometimes trust won't be possible to rebuild, other times it will be. However, each relationship is different. Sometimes communication about the issues is enough, other times it isn't.

The OP and their partner both need to come to a conclusion on whether things are salvageable, and worth salvaging. They have to decide what changes and compromises would need to be made.

As an example:
    It could be sometime simple, like the OP's partner not feeling desired because the OP isn't being forward enough, or complimentary enough in general. Or it could be that the OP's partner has been unable to process the OP's behaviors properly due to their own issues.

This simple reaction of "end it"/"don't end it" isn't simply unhelpful, as it's what you would do, not what the OP feels he/she should do, it's harmful in decision making.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her if we don't talk about this we're over .
    Then establish the nature of the cheating and weather you wanna continue . You have to show some strength man or ull get **** on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Okay, and that's you, and that is some people. But I haven't seen any evidence to support your claim.

One reading this might feel I'm being pedantic however, what you said was written in a very persuasive manner, and it, in my opinion, over reached in its claim.

Sometimes trust won't be possible to rebuild, other times it will be. However, each relationship is different. Sometimes communication about the issues is enough, other times it isn't.

The OP and their partner both need to come to a conclusion on whether things are salvageable, and worth salvaging. They have to decide what changes and compromises would need to be made.

As an example:
    It could be sometime simple, like the OP's partner not feeling desired because the OP isn't being forward enough, or complimentary enough in general. Or it could be that the OP's partner has been unable to process the OP's behaviors properly due to their own issues.

This simple reaction of "end it"/"don't end it" isn't simply unhelpful, as it's what you would do, not what the OP feels he/she should do, it's harmful in decision making.
    To be honest there is absolutely no excuse for cheating, one thing I venomously hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Stay with her and keep smashing in her beef curtains, but also start seeing other girls as well.
    SAVAGE :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    SAVAGE :lol:
    Get her to do some hardcore BDSM, and then dump her is another option.

Get out of there, you'll never be able to trust her again so what is the point.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.