Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

university life too liberal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    These are likely the same people who, after they have graduated with their 2:2 or 3rd, and can't get a decent job, will be complaining that "the government lied to us about university"
    I repped this but I felt the need to quote it too, for emphasis.

On the other hand:

(Original post by neal95)
    thirdly, the lifestyle seems quite superficial. take halloween for example, with lots of people dressing up and making a big thing of it "because everyone else is". i think sometimes people give in to peer pressure to easily. many people also dont like the pub lifestyle, but prefer the clubs, probably not because they dont like pubs but because they want to copy others and not get left out.
    I always found finding a costume for halloween a bit annoying, but still did it because it's a laugh when you do and nobody wants to be the boring guy.

There's a happy medium.

ReputationRep:
    It's the beginning of first year. Soon, people will start to run out of money, the novelty will start to wear off and exams will start to draw closer and closer. It will calm down.

ReputationRep:
    student life can seem like that but people have moved out for the first time and are finally free of parents. in my experience it generally settles down by second and third year.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.