The Student Room Group

Stop quoting net immigration benefits and only admit contributors!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xelfrost
Why is he an idiot?

I think it's quite self explanatory if you'd rather sacrifice the benefit of immigrants in order to 'keep Britain British' - wonder how he justifies his wife being here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
I think it's quite self explanatory if you'd rather sacrifice the benefit of immigrants in order to 'keep Britain British' - wonder how he justifies his wife being here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last I checked Nigel Farage had no qualms with migrants being here, he made it quite clear in the debates that he just wants to keep it at manageable levels so that we don't create issues for the people living here given that it's expensive looking after such a large amount of people.

Spreading misconceptions of him being a racist does nobody any favours, by calling people with legitimate concerns you do nothing but silence the debate, which is helpful to nobody. Whether you agree with Mr Farage or not you have to accept that him having a different opinion on how we should do things doesn't make him an idiot.
Original post by Xelfrost
Last I checked Nigel Farage had no qualms with migrants being here, he made it quite clear in the debates that he just wants to keep it at manageable levels so that we don't create issues for the people living here given that it's expensive looking after such a large amount of people.

Spreading misconceptions of him being a racist does nobody any favours, by calling people with legitimate concerns you do nothing but silence the debate, which is helpful to nobody. Whether you agree with Mr Farage or not you have to accept that him having a different opinion on how we should do things doesn't make him an idiot.

In the past I've found myself actually agreeing with certain things he's said despite disagreeing with him on most things. My comment calling him an idiot was a direct response to the quote someone posted earlier supposedly from Nigel Farage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billydisco
i get so fed up of hearing the same thing every time:

"there was a study proving immigration provides a net contribution"

Well firstly, if you read the study carefully it:

-Doesn't even consider the impact of immigrants on housing, schools, healthcare, transport (and pretty much every other ****ing important thing)

-Secondly, the actual "benefit" was something like £20bn over 15 years. So we increased the population by 3% to gain £1.3bn a year..... great!

Now engage your brain and consider this:

Only admit immigrants who are either high earners (and will commit to pay tax here) or highly-skilled (including NHS workers).........

It will reduce the numbers of immigration significantly and any increased usage on public services is funded by their taxes and this skilled person is also assisting our economy (and I don't mean by pouring cups of coffee in Starbucks).

How could anybody economically disagree with this?

They always quote gdp and not GDP per capita as well which has gone down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply