Surf·
    Ride a Segway·
    Go fishing (didn't enjoy it, but I did it)·
    Go camping. On a beach.·
    Ice skate on a lake·
    See a polar bear·
    See a panda·
    Get something patented·
    Act in a play by Shakespeare. (not one of those wimpy excuses from middle/high school English class) Edit: It was Julius Caesar·
    Eat at a Michelin-award winning restaurant·
    Host a foreign exchange student (from China)·
    Get a last minute flight to a random destination·
    Ride a camel in the desert·
    Travel alone·
    See a ballet in Russia·
    Celebrate Holi in India·
    Go on a dog sledding expedition in Alaska or Canada·
    Ride a zip line·
    Get an infinity pool·
    Stand in a prison cell in Alcatraz·
    Go horseback riding·
    Go horseback riding on a beach·
    Get lost in a foreign country ·
    Go kayaking (San Diego)·
    Start a blog/website·
    Have a food fight (it was a cake fight at birthday party)·
    Achieve my ideal weight
    Crash a fancy wedding. Or birthday party. Or random get-together at a fancyrestaurant.

· Learn English (finished circa 2000
    Learn Latin·
    Learn Russian·
    Learn Italian·
    Learn German·
    Learn Chinese·
    Learn French (in progress)·
    Learn Icelandic·
    Learn Greek
    Learn Spanish

And that's completely omitting the "Countries I want to visit or live in section," and more than half of the rest lol

ReputationRep:
    Have a killer six pack
    Learn to fence
    Own land
    Demolish a large building using a wrecking ball on a chain
    Visit Chernobyl and go into the reactors
    Pantomime Dame

ReputationRep:
    Fight Ronda Rousey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alrounder79)
    What's yours? If you don't have one (which probably most don't), what would it be now that you think about it?
    there's a TED talk titled something like scrap your bucket list

I never clicked on it

but I'm personally not really that into bucket lists

so i'd recommend the talk xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saint Etienne)
    I want to run around a forest late at night playing hide and seek with me mates.

Stay out while it's raining and run back home soaking wet

Playing in the street with a hose pipe on a red hot day
    Omg can I become your friend I wanna play some hide and seek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yavanna)
    Same. But for me, it's not as bad as when I was visiting the UK (I'm from the US) and I was only able to spend half a day in London and I only went to 3 places (Globe Theatre, Buckingham Palace, and Harrod's, and the last one wasn't really worth it). That is disappointing.
    See im from the Uk and I use to live in London. I visit it often as im only 2 hours away and my family which isnt household lives there. I haven't done any of those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    See im from the Uk and I use to live in London. I visit it often as im only 2 hours away and my family which isnt household lives there. I haven't done any of those things.
    Well, considering that I was a tourist and I spent a lot of money on the airplane ticket and I probably won't ever have the chance again for a few years unless I go to university in the UK... We'll just say that I'm a failure tourist lol

I guess it's kind of similar to what happened when I finally visited DC earlier this year... I did everything except see the White House... but then again, DC is only halfway across the US (rather than halfway across the US + all the way across the Atlantic), so it's much easier for me to fix that...

But yeah, that makes me feel a little better lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    there's a TED talk titled something like scrap your bucket list

I never clicked on it

but I'm personally not really that into bucket lists

so i'd recommend the talk xD
    You don't have to call it a bucket list! Is there anything that you'd really like to do eventually? It doesn't even have to be something exceptional.

x
    Wow, nice. From that list, I've only travelled alone. How terrible But I'd like to host a foreign exchange student (how was that btw?) and celebrate Holi in India. Also I'm guessing the foreign exchange student helped in you learning Chinese? The language looks and sounds so complex...

ReputationRep:
    My current bucket list is 5 pages long... do you really want to hear it lol
    Mine's got over 350 things on it, I feel you.

Some of them are to get so many people on a bouncy castle that it pops, ride on the back of a motorcycle, wrap a snake around my neck, save up enough money to get a homeless person entirely back up on their feet, be an extra in a movie, amongst other (probably less exciting) ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    Mine's got over 350 things on it, I feel you.

Some of them are to get so many people on a bouncy castle that it pops, ride on the back of a motorcycle, wrap a snake around my neck, save up enough money to get a homeless person entirely back up on their feet, be an extra in a movie, amongst other (probably less exciting) ones
    As in literally 350+ things written down somewhere or just rough ideas in your head? I can hardly think of 10 things, let alone 350!?

ReputationRep:
    As in literally 350+ things written down somewhere or just rough ideas in your head? I can hardly think of 10 things, let alone 350!?
    Written down I have loads in my head too but keep putting off actually adding them to the list for some reason.
    I found a website with 1000 ideas like 3 years ago and like the lame bean I am I took ideas from it, wrote them down, added my own items and here we are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    Written down I have loads in my head too but keep putting off actually adding them to the list for some reason.
    I found a website with 1000 ideas like 3 years ago and like the lame bean I am I took ideas from it, wrote them down, added my own items and here we are
    You should order your list in terms of priority or something to make it seem more manageable.

Maybe start now and write down your top ten here

ReputationRep:
    Bucket lists are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Flak Jacket)
    Bucket lists are stupid.
    Explain why.

ReputationRep:
    Explain why.
    Further removes the mystery to life. People get so caught up in making grand lists - trying to out do everyone else's. There's something childish about it.

ReputationRep:
    Further removes the mystery to life.
    How does making a list of things you want to do remove the mystery to life. What do you even mean by "the mystery to life"? The fact that every moment is unexpected? If so, this remains so even if you have a bucket list. Or if you mean the mystery of how we came to existence (I doubt you meant this), that again remains so. You're overthinking what is essentially a piece of paper with things you want to achieve in life.

People get so caught up in making grand lists - trying to out do everyone else's.
    No matter how much you get "caught up" in making a bucket list, it's not like the time spent making this list will be significant enough to be detrimental to any aspect of your life in any way. Also, what's wrong with finding good ideas from other's lists and using them in your own?

There's something childish about it.
    You get this impression purely because of the wording used. You don't need to think of it as a bucket list. I'm certain many people have in their heads what they want to be when they grow up, what they want to achieve, etc. A bucket list simply transposes these thoughts into writing.

ReputationRep:
    How does making a list of things you want to do remove the mystery to life. What do you even mean by "the mystery to life"? The fact that every moment is unexpected? If so, this remains so even if you have a bucket list. Or if you mean the mystery of how we came to existence (I doubt you meant this), that again remains so. You're overthinking what is essentially a piece of paper with things you want to achieve in life.

No matter how much you get "caught up" in making a bucket list, it's not like the time spent making this list will be significant enough to be detrimental to any aspect of your life in any way. Also, what's wrong with finding good ideas from other's lists and using them in your own?

You get this impression purely because of the wording used. You don't need to think of it as a bucket list. I'm certain many people have in their heads what they want to be when they grow up, what they want to achieve, etc. A bucket list simply transposes these thoughts into writing.
    If you want to make bucket list then go ahead. I just think it's stupid and will continue to do so no matter what you say.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to make bucket list then go ahead. I just think it's stupid and will continue to do so no matter what you say.
    And I will continue to think that the reasons you gave for thinking it was stupid were stupid.

ReputationRep:
    And I will continue to think that the reasons you gave for thinking it was stupid were stupid.
    Tell someone who cares.

ReputationRep:
    Tell someone who cares.
    I... just did.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.