Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Relegation Thread 15/16 watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Pozzos are not **** owners. They've created something at Watford.

ReputationRep:
    2 pages in and no ones mentioned Chelsea.
    Something not right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Far too early to call it, but I'd be amazed if Bournemouth finished bottom.

Don't get me wrong, they face an uphill task to stay up without Wilson, Mings and Elphick, but they are a decent and tidy side capable of getting points. Howe's a decent manager and they won't be the whipping boys.

I full expect Villa and Sunderland to join them.
    They already are. They get destroyed by any decent team.

I'm surprised more people haven't said Norwich, they lack goals and they sold their top goalscorer of last season - Bradley Johnson. They conceded a lot too, even in the Championship. There haven't been any big changes to the defence that conceded 62 goals to seasons ago.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Diego Costa)

I'm surprised more people haven't said Norwich, they lack goals and they sold their top goalscorer of last season - Bradley Johnson. They conceded a lot too, even in the Championship. There haven't been any big changes to the defence that conceded 62 goals to seasons ago.
    Aside from losses to City and Tottenham, they've lost extremely tight matches.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from losses to City and Tottenham, they've lost extremely tight matches.
    I wouldn't say their recent losses have been tight. Added to that they've already played Watford, Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, Villa and only got 4 points from those fixtures. Their best defender - Mings is out for the season too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Diego Costa)

Norwich are ****. Look at their fixtures too, they'll be bottom at Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They didn't back Alex Neil in the summer, so I'm not sure they'll even improve from there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Redmond will be picked up if they go down.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think Bournemouth will manage to just nick it and stay up.

Going to stick with the current bottom 3 of Aston Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Newcastle are a much better side than the table suggests I think. I imagine tomorrow they'll get a positive result at Bournemouth, and that should signify both club's futures.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Newcastle are a much better side than the table suggests I think. I imagine tomorrow they'll get a positive result at Bournemouth, and that should signify both club's futures.
    We'll know more about the barcodes in a month or so. They had a horrendous start to the season fixture wise

ReputationRep:
    Yeah gonna say I think it's absolutely crucial for both teams. Personally I'm not so sure Newcastle will win it tomorrow, certainly I don't think they'll be keeping a clean sheet.

Feel bad for Bournemouth they've had such an injury crisis, would certainly be out of the near relegation zone with all their ideal choices.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Yeah gonna say I think it's absolutely crucial for both teams. Personally I'm not so sure Newcastle will win it tomorrow, certainly I don't think they'll be keeping a clean sheet.

Feel bad for Bournemouth they've had such an injury crisis, would certainly be out of the near relegation zone with all their ideal choices.
    Big, big game. Wijnaldum is a great bit of business by Newcastle, I have to admit. He could pull them out of the scrap.

ReputationRep:
    Big, big game. Wijnaldum is a great bit of business by Newcastle, I have to admit. He could pull them out of the scrap.
    For me I think it just depends on what happens early on. I think if Newcastle score early it'll seal the game for them and they'll end up scoring a few more, but if Bournemouth did manage to score first and in the first half...meh last season Newcastle always seemed to stumble quite a bit once they were down, like the moral to turn it around wasn't there, and although I haven't seen as many games, their standing suggests they must still have problems.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For me I think it just depends on what happens early on. I think if Newcastle score early it'll seal the game for them and they'll end up scoring a few more, but if Bournemouth did manage to score first and in the first half...meh last season Newcastle always seemed to stumble quite a bit once they were down and although I haven't seen as many games, their standing suggests they must still have problems.
    They thrived against Norwich, though, after they'd been pegged back twice at home. I think Bournemouth will need to rely heavily on Murray if they are to get anything whatsoever from the game.

ReputationRep:
    They thrived against Norwich, though, after they'd been pegged back twice at home. I think Bournemouth will need to rely heavily on Murray if they are to get anything whatsoever from the game.
    My man Ritchie with a goal tho.

ReputationRep:
    **** Bournemouth are cursed right now, should be more like 3-1.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    **** Bournemouth are cursed right now, should be more like 3-1.
    Aye. This has been bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. This has been bizarre.
    You have to say though although Bournemouth are an attacking side, if Newcastle are letting a team like this absolutely dominate them, they're pretty much doomed themselves in the long run, they're incredibly fortunate to be leading.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute BS, jammy Newcastle.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.