Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to literally be doing no revision right now for my AS-levels? watch

ReputationRep:
    Started my revision in April and came out with AAAAB, but it's good to take your mocks somewhat seriously (Usually takes place in December?) to see how you're doing so far

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 too. I'll probably start for the assessments we have in mid december. Mainly other than homework and schoolwork I've been consolidating everything I've done, does this count as revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I've literally done nothing aside from the bare minimum homework set by the teacher. I did get an A on a C1 paper we did however I've only been procrastinating on youtube and watching anime.

Is this ok to do right now or is doing revision a necessity right now if you want to achieve highly (I'd like AAAB/AAAA)
    Honestly, it depends on you. You could get away with it and still do really well at the end of the year, but ultimately you are just making life more difficult / stressful for yourself. Start doing little bits now and you will thank yourself later.

ReputationRep:
    Shout out to your username "今日" bet you'll know how to motivate yourself in Japanese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_)
    Started my revision in April and came out with AAAAB, but it's good to take your mocks somewhat seriously (Usually takes place in December?) to see how you're doing so far
    Yeah I'll see how I do in my mocks. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Shout out to your username "今日" bet you'll know how to motivate yourself in Japanese
    Yeah hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Depends on the person. I started hardcore revising a week before my AS exams and got 4A's
    A week? Pfft, if you can't get 4As just revising the night before what are you even doing...

In seriousness (to the OP) there is a distinction between revision and just doing regular work throughout the year. I worked fairly hard throughout the year for both AS and A2 and, except perhaps for History AS where I over-revised a bit, left the proper revision until it was very close to the exams. You should make sure you understand what's going on in the lessons, and do some past paper questions, but you probably don't have to and won't need to "revise" as such for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    I've literally done nothing aside from the bare minimum homework set by the teacher. I did get an A on a C1 paper we did however I've only been procrastinating on youtube and watching anime.

Is this ok to do right now or is doing revision a necessity right now if you want to achieve highly (I'd like AAAB/AAAA)
    This anime guy.

(Original post by keromedic)
    You've plenty of time to work on it.

Make a start!

Is that me? Mello?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Well, it works for some people
    Also I see that Kirito/Asuna profile pic
    Yeah, loving this avi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Yeah, loving this avi
    Are you excited for the new SAO movie in 2016?

ReputationRep:
    Started in May, had one week to revise. And the 2 days before/between exams.

Got AABC.
    Started already for A2s.

ReputationRep:
    depends on your work ethic and how well your brain retains information in the short term. i started revising in about april for my AS, got four good As and am now predicted three A*s so, it's possible! just make sure its a risk youre willing to take if thats what youre going to do, because it might not work out so well for everyone

ReputationRep:
    I personally would not start revising until February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)

its cool just chill and do it like at christmas

ReputationRep:
    The earlier you start the better prepared you will be just attempt past paper questions earlier on so you can identify your weak points early on

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you learn really. Some people can start revising before 1 month before exams and do well and others need to start much before that. Although you may start worrying when you hear people have already started revising and you havent done nothing yet, it doesnt matter. I used to think the same thing, but now I know I work best working at the last minute and under pressure then I do working really early. It's not ideal, but thats just how some people work best, but it doesnt mean you wont worry about it every year but deep down you know.

ReputationRep:
    lol I'm the same sometimes i think i should be like touka... but I'm too lazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Depends on the person. I started hardcore revising a week before my AS exams and got 4A's
    ur a star teach me ur ways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpme.)
    ur a star teach me ur ways
    Been blessed with a good memory :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Are you excited for the new SAO movie in 2016?
    omfg yes. I don't have very high expectations to be honest, but of course

I'll enjoy it whether it's good or bad...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.