Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

24 year old female, never had a bf, kissed a guy, been on a date, or been asked out.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrID)
    Awwwww this post breaks my heart you'll find someone I swear!

OP you need to stop waving you virginity around, it's creepy. Maybe the guys you talk to get the impression they have been friendzoned? Honestly just be more flirty. You won't struggle to fix someone that will be interested.
    I won't but that's ok. There isn't someone for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    You live in UK a melting pot, I am sure you will find yourself someone perhaps from Somalia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    OP, I too was once a 24-year old belle who had never set eyes on a man, let alone had a boyfriend, until I joined the Conservative Party. At my first local committee meeting, I met the most honest, hardworking and trustworthy man who shared the same conservative values as did I, and needless to say, both of us instantly fell headlong in love with each other; February next year will mark the fifth year we've been happily married together.

So long story short, join the Conservative Party.
    Plus they are usually loaded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Plus they are usually loaded
    A partner's earning potential and wealth is always a pragmatic consideration when one is looking for love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklenshine)
    But what if I'm in the same position in 10 years? What if I end up being that one freak who NEVER met someone, never dated..It's so freaky to think..
    What if I get hit by a bus tomorrow? What if my boyfriend leaves me? What if I never get the career I want?

Just because you're not in a relationship now, doesn't mean you're doomed to be alone forever. Stop worrying so much and focus on things that make you happy. Once you start enjoying life on your own and not worrying about it so much, it's more likely to happen. Being comfortable in who you are is an attractive quality.

If you really want a relationship that badly, you have to put in the work. Seriously, try online dating. It's a good way just to talk to new people and build confidence with talking to men. I met my boyfriend on OK Cupid after saying for years how stupid online dating was and being single for 7 years. Sometimes it happens in the most unexpected way!

ReputationRep:
    I have. like I said in my post, I went to a mingle event at a pub and I did talk to some guys but it never went beyond just friendly chatter. So, I am trying to make changes but they don't seem to be working. My question was more about what if it doesn't work out like I may like someone but they may not like me back...or someone may like me and I might not like them. So what if it never works out on both ends? What if I always have that bad luck? That's more my issue. I know that being more social and outgoing might change things. I have had guys flirt with me, stare, etc. but I didn't really like them.
    I just realised that there is an equally awkward virgin male on this forum who is desperate for love. Plus he's very handsome, according to his pictures and videos.

Care to give it a go?

PM @FrankTeller1234

ReputationRep:
    A partner's earning potential and wealth is always a pragmatic consideration when one is looking for love.
    I believe Cameron makes much the same calculation when cosying up to Xi and the Sauds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    I believe Cameron makes much the same calculation when cosying up to Xi and the Sauds
    Yes; the EU and Americans aren't too rich these days.

ReputationRep:
    Your "what if" attitude could be the thing holding you back, making you no different to girls that have been in and out of relationships

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its too late for me? Am I a freak now? I feel like it will be hard now to find someone..girls my age have had relationships and are probably looking for something more long term. I haven't even experienced a short relationship and I don't feel like I am ready to get married or commit long term. I feel like I still have a lot of growing up to do and things to achieve personally (I'm happy with my career though).. I don't want to get married when I'm past 32 though..I need to basically 'catch up' to all the other girls in my age range.

I feel like a child still..not because I'm immature (I'm not), but because I haven't experienced anything! I don't feel like a woman. I feel like a teenager still lol. I'm definitely emotionally stunted due to this.

It seems all so confusing and weird..is it too late now? Have I missed the boat? I feel weird being a virgin. I wish I wasn't! I know I don't want to lose it to a random guy from a club, so in order to lose it I'd have to find a guy I like who likes me back and is interested in being in a relationship with me..that seems hard..for it to work out so perfectly..you know: I like him, he likes me..and someone actually does something about it!

So..what are your thoughts? Is it too late? I mean there is currently no guy interested in me right now. I did go to a club last week..I was friendly, chatted a bit, but that was it. I don't like the atmosphere and would hate to continue going to such places to 'meet a guy'. I also think those types of guys aren't for me really. I always knew I hated clubbing but gave it another chance and I am sure it is not the place for me now. I wouldn't mind going just to improve my social skills but not for anything else.

I recently completed my PhD and am looking for a job. I'm not likely to meet a guy there.

I have no friends right now and when I had a few who drifted away from me, they had no guy friends, so I have no way of meeting guys through my friends..

So what does that leave me with? Where do I go from here? How do I change things?

This isn't about learning how to be more social, confident, etc. It's more an issue of the technical aspect of dating/relationships..how am I to find someone decent to date and experience things with? Where do I find that person? I hate being this way.

Thanks..
    I honestly wish I could meet someone like you. I'm 24 too

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am..but its not that hard to befriend other girls...I just dont feel like I have the energy to maintain friendships. They always come and go.
    Well you'd probably struggle even more with a relationship - they take time and effort

ReputationRep:
    But what if I never find someone at these places who I'm attracted to and who is attracted to me? Its not that easy for it to work out for the both of us.

The luckiest people aren't the ones just in relationships etc. but rather those that are with the person they liked and they were also liked back. i find that its a bit difficult to come by
    If you don't find anyone then it wasn't meant to be, just try something else. At least you've done something you enjoy and you've had a good time. Why waste your time doing something you hate? Life's too short IMO. I'm not really a relationship expert as I'm still with my first partner after 7 years, but we haven't had to really work at our relationship. It's just right. To me it sounds like you are trying to hard!

ReputationRep:
    OP, I too was once a 24-year old belle who had never set eyes on a man, let alone had a boyfriend, until I joined the Conservative Party. At my first local committee meeting, I met the most honest, hardworking and trustworthy man who shared the same conservative values as did I, and needless to say, both of us instantly fell headlong in love with each other; February next year will mark the fifth year we've been happily married together.

So long story short, join the Labour Party.
    EFA

Not to late there are plenty of men who still a pay fortune for ****S (Mother I would like to ****) In other words. Your future is extremely bright. Don't worry. The older you get. The more expensive you become.

ReputationRep:
    Guy friends, make them! Unless you're an ogre they'll likely be much obliged to help you out never know might get a nice boyfriend out of it.

Definitely do not do the club ONS you'll obviously only feel cheap and skanky.

ReputationRep:
    i can be your boyfriend if you want to... but be warned. they call me 'the heartbreaker'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.