Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    I would say no, you should look at unis like ST.Georges.
    Also, UCL want you to take bio and chem for a level which are now 2 year courses.
    GCSEs play a bigger role now.
    You should apply when the time comes but might not get any offers.
    I would probably have taken chemistry and biology through to A2 regardless of the new reforms 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbyturtlexox)
    "Remember GCSES are not that big (apart from Unis perhaps Oxbridge and imperial) and hardly looked upon if AS/A2 grades are available."
    this comment led me to believe that your knowledge on med applications is extremely limited. that's why i told you to stop giving advice when you are in no position to.
    Observation is your weakness my friend.Let me break things down for you,notice how the word "that" was used in a quantified manner I did not say GCSES are not important I stated GCSEs are not "that" important implying that GCSES is not the end and surely will not be the end and that there is still a chance even if the results are not exactly A1 this was then followed by the conjunction "if" Alevels are available. (of which you similarily stated in your post)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Don't worry I appreciate your advice.😊
    Aw thanks lol it's not even about that I know I'm no expert but there is no need for any rudeness.The entry requirements are there to tell you the requirements needed to study that particular course,if that is false It would not have been posted up on the website.

(Original post by bbyturtlexox)
    and to further emphasise your point, hydeman, only 700 are interviewed and 500 are made offers. so getting an interview is such a big deal that the odds of getting an offer, if you recieve an interview, are in your favour!
    This makes me very sad as somebody who hasn't heard anything but a confirmation from UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    This makes me very sad as somebody who hasn't heard anything but a confirmation from UCL.
    You'll get that interview!

#Believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real_jenn)
    Aw thanks lol it's not even about that I know I'm no expert but there is no need for any rudeness.The entry requirements are there to tell you the requirements needed to study that particular course,if that is false It would not have been posted up on the website.
    I completely agree. The entry requirements are there for guidance and to help people. I think what the other person was trying to say is that even though these are the entry requirements they can be a bit misleading because Cambridge accept C's although it's probably extremely rare to find anyone with majority of C's at Cambridge 😅

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! My brother is still waiting on his replies from Uni's. (If it makes you feel any better I've heard a lot of people saying that UCL do enjoy taking their time when it comes to sending out replies 😊)

ReputationRep:
    i didn't recieve my interview invite until january so don't expect to hear back before christmas (although you might do) just chill out, you'll be fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Ahh okay, I heard that psychology is also very competitive so that's also reassuring 😅 how are you enjoying your time there?
    I just graduated. Awesome time, awesome location!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I just graduated. Awesome time, awesome location!
    Congratulations!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.