Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is how Chinese treat even their own people watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Chinese have been a rotten lot ever since foresaking Buddhism and Confucianism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)

Secondly, the way people treat each other here can be disgusting. On a day to day basis, there is zero consideration or compassion. Unless you are directly related to or a close friend of someone, they will not give a crap about you.
    This can also easily apply to the uk, not in the countries but in the city centre where I live.

Also the other comments about soulllessness etc. Its just the chinese seem to take it to the extreme.

Seems their is alot of hate for the chinese as a race on here lol. Not the PC words I would have expected from the hipster student forum.

I find PCness bull**** in general btw or at least the extreme its at these days. So I think its interesting to see these views on here. Probably will get a thread deletion soon enough once the thought police get sight of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristen2)
    At least that kid doesn't have to go through the education system there now, it's absolutely brutal.
    I was in a school in China for a while for 18 months, one 10 year old boy tried to commit suicide in from of the entire class once because the teachers were bullying him and humiliating him so much in front of everyone. I was in the primary school, and the way they would tell everyone the test results was they would read them out in front of the entire class. Not only that, the teachers made the kids with the lowest grades stand up so they could have a go at them. What were the lowest grades you might ask? Were they 10%? 5%? No the lowest grades were 75% to 92%. We were expected to get 100% on every test.
    The amount of pressure and stress was unreal. We got masses of homework that had to be completed by the next day, so most pupils would stay up til 10pm doing their homework, then having to get up at 6 the next morning. And that's only primary school. When I wa there, teenage suicides were so often on the news.
    This is why when I see things on the news here about whether students should even get any homework at all, I feel like laughing.
    Maybe our children don't try and kill; themselves because we ask questions like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Maybe our children don't try and kill; themselves because we ask questions like that...
    The difference is that, because teens here Do commit suicide, are the reasons. Kids here do it because of bullying, depression, whatever, but the hung is teenagers in China do not have the time to feel depressed, they are so busy from the second they wake up to the second they fall asleep. Education and studying is their life. There's no social life, no time to date, no time to go out partying clubbing and getting drunk. If someone is late handing their homework in they're considered a rebel for gods sake. Dating at age 19 is considered too young.
    When I was there, everyone was under such stress they would take it out on anyone they could around them. They were scared of their parents and the teachers, so there was a lot of bullying among students, and the teachers did nothing about it. The pupils with the lowest grades usually got bullied, while the pupils with the highest grades were popular.
    In the video, I expect every one of those people were struggling so much to just keep themselves alive they really don't have time to think of anyone else. If they don't get that work done, they'll be fired. If they don't get to that place in that time, they're gonna suffer. The students, if they don't complete this priece of work, they'll be excluded.
    It's literally dog eat dog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harambulus)
    This can also easily apply to the uk, not in the countries but in the city centre where I live.

Also the other comments about soulllessness etc. Its just the chinese seem to take it to the extreme.

Seems their is alot of hate for the chinese as a race on here lol. Not the PC words I would have expected from the hipster student forum.

I find PCness bull**** in general btw or at least the extreme its at these days. So I think its interesting to see these views on here. Probably will get a thread deletion soon enough once the thought police get sight of it.
    I don't hate Chinese people. Most of the things Westerners consider to be problems here are due to the Chinese culture and society. The fact that people literally die trying to cram onto the subway, or are willing to trample people to death to be first in line is not down to the individuals, it's down to the fact that there are too many people living in condensed, overpopulated cities and the fact that society pushes people to think only about themselves and fight for the top spots. Everyone wants to be first, no matter the cost. More to the point, everyone wants their child to be first, no matter the cost. Generally speaking, this attitude leads to complete lack of consideration for others.

ReputationRep:
    disgusting, particularly the way they treat endangered animals

ReputationRep:
    although i guess it's very easy to criticize a culture that's so old and different to ours, with regards to chinese medicine anyway - perhaps it needs to be looked at more complexly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoralStruggle)

Wtf are there so many of them over here anyway?
    Paying 20k a year fees to help our Universities keep afloat lol. Nottingham without the Chinese would probably implode.

I do find some of the Chinese students can be a tad rude, though I think it's a mixture of arrogance and ignorance, it's not exactly intentional, more a culture clash.

That said though as the number of houses around here have been purchased by landlords renting to Asian students crime has decreased and although I've never felt unsafe here, we sometimes had some local youths being anti-social, where as I have absolutely zero concern when I see say a group of 10 Chinese guys on a street corner nearing midnight, if I saw a group of white guys I'd keep it mind there may be hassle (and I'm white lol).

Remember a few years back I was walking home at night, group of chavs walk around me, I thought they were going to start something, but then one goes to his mate (ignoring me walking next to them) "oi lads watch me deck this Chinky". There's a Chinese student walking towards us and the guy goes forwards and punches the guy really hard, and as promised, floors him. They all ran off, helped the guy up he was shaken but okay....dat welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Every one of them who ignored poor child hopefully will get what they deserve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMoralStruggle)
    Who remembers this from a coupla years back? A full minute before anybody even acknowledges the presence of the child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtIWddAHUU

Wtf are there so many of them over here anyway?
    Chinese people are internationally renowned for giving zero f***s about the treatment of animals and even other humans

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.