Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swarkles_Caskett)
    ^^ I love this response.

I sat for AS Physics but the third variant and for me this was not that bad of a paper. Second variants are usually harder though right? I mean for Maths they are. The time constraint, true. Very true. I felt like I barely had enough time to complete it all and you don't have time to stop and think. I love that there were zero definitions because definitions suck. I struggled with the second question but apart from that it was pretty okay. I'm hoping for a low threshold though.

Also I don't think it's worth it to write a letter. They'll fix it with the threshold and if the questions are really hard then they'll remove it and ignore the marks from it. Have you done any P4 papers? The threshold is really low for that and that's just how it is sometimes.
    Man. Lucky!!! Variant 3 is soo easy!!!!
    I hope so too. How was paper 1? For us it was good and paper 3 was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Sounds like a small one, my school which has AQA for physics doesn't do this.
    Depends where you live.
    Mine doesnt do AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.J)
    Man. Lucky!!! Variant 3 is soo easy!!!!
    I hope so too. How was paper 1? For us it was good and paper 3 was hard
    Haha. I guess my zone/country is just lucky. Paper 1 had quite a few repeats of previous past years so that was good. Paper 3 however, the second question was good but the first one was the hardest question I had ever attempted. I thought I messed up but according to my friends they found it hard too.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I guess my zone/country is just lucky. Paper 1 had quite a few repeats of previous past years so that was good. Paper 3 however, the second question was good but the first one was the hardest question I had ever attempted. I thought I messed up but according to my friends they found it hard too.
    It sure is!!
    yes. Paper 1 did have quite many repeats for us. And in general I found it a bit easier than rest.
    Paper 3 question 1 was okay. But question 2 was hard! Lets hope for best results! Im already worried!
    By the way, when will you give A2 papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.J)
    It sure is!!
    yes. Paper 1 did have quite many repeats for us. And in general I found it a bit easier than rest.
    Paper 3 question 1 was okay. But question 2 was hard! Lets hope for best results! Im already worried!
    By the way, when will you give A2 papers?
    I'm doing my A2 papers now as well. Are you doing yours in May/June next year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my A2 papers now as well. Are you doing yours in May/June next year?
    Yes. I am doing them in May/June because I did the Physics and Biology AS papers as repeat units.
    Hope to get a bettter grade this time.

All the best to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.J)
    Yes. I am doing them in May/June because I did the Physics and Biology AS papers as repeat units.

All the best to you.
    Thanks. You too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.J)

All the best to you.
    Results are out tomorrow. You ready?

ReputationRep:
    Results are out tomorrow. You ready?
    I don't know why I was not notified for this, but I was freaked out and had to go to school to check it. how was yours?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    I don't think I catch you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.J)
    I don't know why I was not notified for this, but I was freaked out and had to go to school to check it. how was yours?
    I got what I expected. Yours?

ReputationRep:
    Physics sucks!? Blasphemy! :shakecane:

Physics is a hard subject, that's why it's so much fun. They have made the exams harder for the past two years though, but there's no need to worry because the grade boundaries get adjusted accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Yeah I will say this. Loved nearly all of A2 so far but in AS didn't like waves and the photoelectric effect. Also my first AS physics test was awful in one of the questions, had to find the resistance of a potato.
    Duhhhh that's easy.. Answer is OVER 9000!!

ReputationRep:
    I got what I expected. Yours?
    According to how horrible paper 2 was, my expectations went low so at a point, yes better than expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Physics sucks!? Blasphemy! :shakecane:

Physics is a hard subject, that's why it's so much fun. They have made the exams harder for the past two years though, but there's no need to worry because the grade boundaries get adjusted accordingly.
    If you were in my shoes that day, I'm sure you'd have said the same thing!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.