Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No Study Leave!!!!!! HELP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    honestly, you leave school at lunches that's crazy!! I've never heard of that before, i'm in yr 11 and if we leave school grounds we'd probably get excluded for 3 days or something
    no we get special yellow pieces of paper that fall apart that say Year 11 Lunch Pass and teachers check them as we leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tegs99)
    no we get special yellow pieces of paper that fall apart that say Year 11 Lunch Pass and teachers check them as we leave
    lucky you!! i'm jealous - we're expected to have school lunch or your own sandwhiches

ReputationRep:
    saying that though our school's at the top of a hill and the town's at the bottom so its quite killer sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Exactly. You seem like someone who would benefit from solitary revision.
    I do find it easier and I'm so much more productive because I like talking a lot so giving me people to talk to is not a good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    My school didn't get study leave last year but I coped for gcses!
    You'll find that your teachers are much more lenient towards exam time (late April mostly) where during lessons they'll probably just say do your own thing and revise alone, and ask them if you have any questions. I hated this purely because most people thought it was a great time to have a chat with friends, and 1 teacher for 30 students isn't much help. During these lessons try asking your teacher if you can go to the library (back yourself up with a revision guide/work to do so they know you're legit and try not to go with friends!)

Lessons like PE I would get dressed but ditch the class and revise in the toilets so nobody could find me.

Bring your revision guide with you everywhere- doesn't matter what subject it is.

I started planing my revision in Jan/Feb and started working late Feb- buy all the revision guides you need and see how many modules/chapters there are to learn and aim to complete ALL SUBJECTS by April (yes, this will be a lot of independent work after school but its so worth it) so you can spend April onwards memorizing mark schemes and finalizing your knowledge.

Being in school in some ways is actually better than study leave- you stay in routine, your teachers are permanent reminders of exams and you can keep up your social life to some extent instead of isolating yourself and going insane due to the pressure/cravings of success.

Just memorize all those mark schemes (for edexcel exams, if you're in year 11 focus on 2013 exams/ year 10 focus on 2014 exams. theres a pattern of repetition!) and revision guides and don't stop until you can tick off all your knowledge. Good luck and PM me if you need any help/tips on anything! I got 5A*s 4As and a B without study leave and I was projected Bs and Cs woooo
    THE ****

ReputationRep:
    You don't need it. Wasn't even an option at my school and I coped just fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    My school didn't get study leave last year but I coped for gcses!
    You'll find that your teachers are much more lenient towards exam time (late April mostly) where during lessons they'll probably just say do your own thing and revise alone, and ask them if you have any questions. I hated this purely because most people thought it was a great time to have a chat with friends, and 1 teacher for 30 students isn't much help. During these lessons try asking your teacher if you can go to the library (back yourself up with a revision guide/work to do so they know you're legit and try not to go with friends!)

Lessons like PE I would get dressed but ditch the class and revise in the toilets so nobody could find me.

Bring your revision guide with you everywhere- doesn't matter what subject it is.

I started planing my revision in Jan/Feb and started working late Feb- buy all the revision guides you need and see how many modules/chapters there are to learn and aim to complete ALL SUBJECTS by April (yes, this will be a lot of independent work after school but its so worth it) so you can spend April onwards memorizing mark schemes and finalizing your knowledge.

Being in school in some ways is actually better than study leave- you stay in routine, your teachers are permanent reminders of exams and you can keep up your social life to some extent instead of isolating yourself and going insane due to the pressure/cravings of success.

Just memorize all those mark schemes (for edexcel exams, if you're in year 11 focus on 2013 exams/ year 10 focus on 2014 exams. theres a pattern of repetition!) and revision guides and don't stop until you can tick off all your knowledge. Good luck and PM me if you need any help/tips on anything! I got 5A*s 4As and a B without study leave and I was projected Bs and Cs woooo
    Your advice is great
    Could you elaborate on 2013 examinations(by edexcel) repeating itself?I am in year 11,which year do i need to see to get more chance of similar questions popping up(i take exams in 2016)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judogainz)
    THE ****
    Yes because throwing a basket ball for an hour will increase my chances of getting the top grades

ReputationRep:
    I just found out today that my school has decided not to give us any study leave when we sit our GCSE's this Summer.

Is anyone else in this position?

Does anyone have any advice?
    just skip school yahoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Your advice is great
    Could you elaborate on 2013 examinations(by edexcel) repeating itself?I am in year 11,which year do i need to see to get more chance of similar questions popping up(i take exams in 2016)
    Okay so for my year, a lot of questions from 2012 edexcel past papers were repeated, especially for RE. I sat my exams this year, so when I was doing 2014 past papers I also noticed their questions were repetitions of 2011 exam series. 2013 had 2010 repeated, and so on. I was with edexcel for RE (LOADS of repetitions here!!), Maths linear A, both Englishes and Geography B- I got A*BA*A*A* in these

Teachers tell you to do past papers for that reason alone- questions really do get repeated. If you know the exam structure inside out, thats perfect and you'll smash the exam if you know what to expect. It's so unlikely they'll repeat anything from my year, but I heard my exams were some of the hardest yet and exam experience is better than no experience so still do them.

For your year look at 2013 papers

ReputationRep:
    I just found out today that my school has decided not to give us any study leave when we sit our GCSE's this Summer.

Is anyone else in this position?

Does anyone have any advice?
    We didnt get study leave last year and to be honest you dont really need it, if you start revising early and not fall into the trap of starting revision in easter you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    My school doesn't want to do it this year either even though theyve done it every other year - theyre trying a different approach to please the governors lol so what it is is "adjusted timetable" which means we only come in at certain times - better than staying in all day

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.