Turn on thread page Beta

I want someone random to talk watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleBjork2)
    if you think of this from an other point of view then life has no meaning
    you were not born with a purpose and no God will provide it for you or has o big plan for you
    you are not obliged to find a purpose but you have the luxury to chose the purpose of your life
    do not get frustrated if you haven't found it yet but i recommend you to search and find a purpose that it will not benefit just you but the whole humanity
    True, true I agree. Do you think a human being is more fulfilled if he/she takes the whole of humanity into account? rather than just focusing on his or her benefit.

If you think that, then you must think that life has a meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    True, true I agree. Do you think a human being is more fulfilled if he/she takes the whole of humanity into account? rather than just focusing on his or her benefit.

If you think that, then you must think that life has a meaning.
    yes I agree it will make you feel more fulfilled but i don't think that you should do it just for the sake of that emotion
    I previously said that you can give your life a meaning but you are not obliged to do that
    and if you live only to benefit yourself then you existence has no meaning for the humanity you just live to live

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for an atheist who likes philosophy thinks that life has no meaning and has an existential crisis almost every night
    Why nights are better qualified for causing existential crisis than mornings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    Well, you said you wanted someone to be random... what could be more random than turning sentences into word salad that doesn't follow SVO order? xD
    i can't argue with that

ReputationRep:
    yes I agree it will make you feel more fulfilled but i don't think that you should do it just for the sake of that emotion
    I previously said that you can give your life a meaning but you are not obliged to do that
    and if you live only to benefit yourself then you existence has no meaning for the humanity you just live to live
    Yes you live for yourself. Is that good or bad? should we live a perfect existence for ourselves or contribute to humanity?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm really tired rn so I'm talking crap btw

ReputationRep:
    yep
    thank you
    No problem squire.

If you're wanting deep stuff... I feel there is a sort of beauty that we are unimportant creatures in a universe most likely with much life, only around as a byproduct of perfect conditions to propagate us.
    I think the general idea is people give themselves their own subjective meaning - be is things like money, love, advancement of society, religion, etc.
    Find it interesting to think how development of an advanced species such as our own could have gone... could have been so different. Human body is very weird when you think about it. And it is quite scary how our thought processes are determined within specific constraints through our development.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Why nights are better qualified for causing existential crisis than mornings?
    because of the darkness and the feeling of loneliness at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    Yes you live for yourself. Is that good or bad? should we live a perfect existence for ourselves or contribute to humanity?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm really tired rn so I'm talking crap btw
    You decide but if I had the chance I would contribute to humanity although I don't think of myself to be capable of this

ReputationRep:
    You decide but if I had the chance I would contribute to humanity although I don't think of myself to be capable of this
    Same, I don't feel capable of doing so either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    No problem squire.

If you're wanting deep stuff... I feel there is a sort of beauty that we are unimportant creatures in a universe most likely with much life, only around as a byproduct of perfect conditions to propagate us.
    I think the general idea is people give themselves their own subjective meaning - be is things like money, love, advancement of society, religion, etc.
    Find it interesting to think how development of an advanced species such as our own could have gone... could have been so different. Human body is very weird when you think about it. And it is quite scary how our thought processes are determined within specific constraints through our development.
    I can agree to some point
    It is an interesting way of thinking

ReputationRep:
    Same, I don't feel capable of doing so either.
    but why?

ReputationRep:
    but why?
    I was going to ask you the same thing....:curious:

ReputationRep:
    I was going to ask you the same thing....:curious:
    to yourself or to me?

ReputationRep:
    to yourself or to me?
    You, ask you why you think your incapable of contributing to humanity.

ReputationRep:
    You, ask you why you think your incapable of contributing to humanity.
    I have some eehm talents but it is highly impossible that I will contribute to humanity with them
    But I will try
    I may succeed but if not I will try to inspire people to have this way of thinking
    Changing peoples lives will change other peoples lives

ReputationRep:
    I am getting too inspirational

ReputationRep:
    I am getting too inspirational
    Yes you are:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Yes you are:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It's okay
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I tick all those ****ing boxes when my 1200-word essay is due first thing the next morning and I've only written the title.

ReputationRep:
    Why did the party end so quickly? The topic was nice.
    At least I know share the same philosophy with you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.