Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Made a complete fool of myself, embarrassed and wishing I'd never been born watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    'I'm so worried this is going to spread and I'll get a reputation for being a bull****ter/weirdo/lightweight. I know this probably sounds quite pathetic and an overreaction, but it really takes very little to knock my self-confidence.'

I think you ARE overreacting. Most Freshers have done something embarrassing at uni. The thing to do is 'own' your incident so you laugh along with it rather than being laughed at. Many people will secretly admire you and think you're a legend! But with 'owning' your incident you might need/want to 'put a spin' on it so you can say you had more than you actually did?!

PS I wuld personally lay off the weed. The very occasional smoke (a few times in you life) may not do much harm (Ive done it ONCE!)........ But I know personally of someone who had to resit 1st year due to being demotivated by the weed and another friend of mine at uni that ended up in an institute with schizophrenia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I think if you speak to a lot of ex-smokers they'll tell you the same story.
    Personally I think this is generally scapegoating. 'I didn't do anything with my life because weed stopped me' sounds better than 'I just couldn't be bothered, and decided to smoke all day instead'.

I don't think you're meaning to be controversial. There are just a lot of people ITT making out as though it's a big deal and I really don't think it is.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.