Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Haha this is pretty much exactly what I do. When I'm too lazy to cook it though a few supermarkets do a good variant to this
    :cool: :cool:

It's ****ing good innit. I usually eat half the chicken there and then with the gravy and also mash (I make the mash by baking whole potatoes, then cut them in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon, mix with a little butter and pepper but no need to try and get the potato proper smooth just mix a little tbh), much better than boiling and doing it that way, has a smoky flavour.

Strip the other half of the chicken and put in fridge and use for sandwiches. I save a few little scraps for my cat too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    :cool: :cool:

It's ****ing good innit. I usually eat half the chicken there and then with the gravy and also mash (I make the mash by baking whole potatoes, then cut them in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon, mix with a little butter and pepper but no need to try and get the potato proper smooth just mix a little tbh), much better than boiling and doing it that way, has a smoky flavour.
    Interesting. Shall give this a try!

Strip the other half of the chicken and put in fridge and use for sandwiches. I save a few little scraps for my cat too.
    If only I had a cat to share this with :'(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I agree. Got to the point we were having it 4-5 meals a week and roast at least every other week Ended up saying I didn't like it full stop to reduce the amount we have. Still have it 1-2 meals a week but as I like all other meat apart from burgers then I now get a much better variety thankfully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Interesting. Shall give this a try!
    It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNXBu6NDzSM

I saw Heston Blumenthal do it, 1:30 on here.

ReputationRep:
    Tastes are extremly versatile are you sure it just the texture your bored of? When chicken gets cold i hate the texture...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Roasted whole chicken - Butter, mixed herbs, finely chopped garlic (can ground it if you use a knife and some salt and crush it to a paste) and lemon juice, mix that **** together and get it under the chicken skin, use a fork or knife to poke or stab holes in the meat so this mixture absorbs into it as it cooks. Melt some more butter and mix with herbs and put on the skin, cover with foil then take the foil off for the last 20 mins and put more butter on top, so the skin is nice and crispy. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour before you do that btw.

Use the juices in the roasting dish for a gravy (juices, Lea & Perrins, onions, granules).

This is like crack cocaine, you simply cannot get bored of this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kq8k7yTr8Y

This, is how you do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Depends how you cook it. High quality chicken breast can be great, I usually butterfly mine. Great when cooked with ginger/garlic in a stir fry. Or seasoned with sea salt/crushed black peppercorn or a jerk rub etc.

Chicken Thighs taste better (boneless) because of higher fat content, they're also cheaper by the gram. I use these when making a curry or carribbean style food.
    I do jerk, prefer prawns or pork though. I have had boned thighs, or breast, but not boneless thighs. I'll try them. It can make a difference the cut I guess, like with Lamb-Neck is way better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I feel I've had enough to last me for life, don't ever want to buy it now. Most ready meals, especially curries(Lamb Rogan Josh aside) are all chicken all the time, if you want to eat meat. I buy pork instead now. Anyway, yeah that's all. We need more variety.
    Tescos ready meals provide a variety of ingredients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)

This, is how you do it.
    I like to just shove a lemon and garlic up it's hole. Works a beaut.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.