Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get a long with your parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Do you argue a lot with them or get on with them ?
    I don't get on with them at all. I think I argue with each at least twice a day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    I get on with my mum better than my dad. I love them both equally but I clash with my dad A LOT. Almost every conversation we have usually ends in argument. 😂

My brother is the opposite, he gets on with my dad and clashes with my mum 😁
    Your house sounds fun

ReputationRep:
    my dad is hella manipulative and emotionally abusive so I don't get along with him, but my mom's chill

ReputationRep:
    I get along well with both my parents. I have the same tastes as my dad, and the same sense of humour as mum. Nobody in my family argues much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    I thought I was the only one lol since everyone I know loves their mother so much. She just doesn't agree with many of my choices and she always judges me. We argue EVERY SINGLE DAY. She does the same to my older brother but he's kinda reckless so he deserves it lol but they don't argue much
    you know. Don't get me wrong, I do get on with my mum SOMETIMES but we just have completely different views on everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Lol he's helped me out alot ngl, anyway are you ok? your threads make you seem like your down or upset..
    I've been fine, thank you for asking. Been stressed out so much recently though

ReputationRep:
    I've been fine, thank you for asking. Been stressed out so much recently though
    oh i see, everyone's very stressed nowadays lol, hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    We get along at any time of day EXCEPT the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    you know. Don't get me wrong, I do get on with my mum SOMETIMES but we just have completely different views on everything
    I went downstairs like 10 minutes ago and she started arguing with me just cause I go outside sometimes without telling her where I went. Fml

ReputationRep:
    We get on fine except when discussing politics.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we're good. I could have good conversations with my dad as we're so alike, and I can ask my mum for advice and just do girly things and have a laugh with her.

ReputationRep:
    I get along with my mother fine. We rarely argue, very rarely. We have a lot of funny conversations and jokes between ourselves, but we kinda do our own thing most days which calms things down a lot.
    My dad is a different story. It's not that I get along with him, he just doesn't feel like my dad. My mum, sister and I moved to England when I had just turned 10 in 2009. He texts and stuff, because he's still in Wales, but I don't have a great memory of my childhood or anything so I kinda only remember him since 2009 ish. When he is on the phone, he only moans about the same thing or the time and it's annoying If I'm being honest. He relays memories of me as a child and what we've done and he says "Don't you remember?" and I say "no, I don't". He always asks if we are happy up here and then goes on about moving up. I'm grateful that he's interested and everything, but I feel like I don't know him personally like a family member, like he's just a reoccurring face I've become to familliarise with over time. I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum are more like sisters and when I was growing up, it caused problems and we fought like cat and dog. I moved out at 18 and we didn't talk much for a year or 2 but then we became close again and now we get on great. We are always texting, see each other most days etc. I've never had anything to do with my biological dad but get on good with my stepdad. I've always got on brilliantly with my grandparents. They mean the world to me.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.