Turn on thread page Beta

Can my laptop run Fallout 4? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Well graphics card is your biggest problem there, not CPU and RAM. Or rather, the fact that your computer doesn't actually have a graphics card (HD 4400 isn't a card, it's just part of the CPU) is the problem.
    If my laptop doesn't have a graphics card, can i not just buy a graphics card and put it on my laptop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    If my laptop doesn't have a graphics card, can i not just buy a graphics card and put it on my laptop?
    No, doesn't work like that with laptops. Apart from the hard drive and in some cases the RAM, you can't just add/swap components like you can with a desktop.

ReputationRep:
    No, doesn't work like that with laptops. Apart from the hard drive and in some cases the RAM, you can't just add/swap components like you can with a desktop.
    faaaaak. my friend has an old i7 laptop he used for gaming so i think ill just borrow that...

ReputationRep:
    faaaaak. my friend has an old i7 laptop he used for gaming so i think ill just borrow that...
    If it's old and a laptop, just an i7 CPU (particularly one of the old ones) isn't going to make up for deficiencies like not having a graphics card.

ReputationRep:
    If it's old and a laptop, just an i7 CPU (particularly one of the old ones) isn't going to make up for deficiencies like not having a graphics card.
    I say old because he has a new one. It's relatively recent actually and he used it for intensive gaming

ReputationRep:
    Jokes on you all because I can play it on medium

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty up to date desktop (i5 2500, GTX 760, 8gb ram) and can barely get 30fps+ on low with FO4 (it looks worse than FO:NV). I cant imagine this even running on any laptops bar the £1000+ gaming ones
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ishwoop)
    I have a pretty up to date desktop (i5 2500, GTX 760, 8gb ram) and can barely get 30fps+ on low with FO4 (it looks worse than FO:NV). I cant imagine this even running on any laptops bar the £1000+ gaming ones
    Something is wrong if your having that, I'm only on my laptop with 850m rather than desktop and it has no issues being stable 40-50 all the time and regularly over 60 on min 1080p with one or two things turned up slightly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishwoop)
    Yeah if I can run it then you should be able to....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah if I can run it then you should be able to....
    Sounds like he has too much turned too high, and has too many mods on NV making it look much better, because 4 looks much better than NV, and runs smoothly on half the horsepower

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.