Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

19 year old dating 15 year old watch

Announcements

If they like each other and trust each other, it's fine. There are no boundaries if you like someone.

ReputationRep:
    In direct response to the OP, yes, it COULD work.

I have a good friend who got with her now husband when she was 15 and he was 19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    It's illegal..
    no it's not

ReputationRep:
    Pervert. you are.

Let's be honest, even if it's illegal there are obviously people who've done it before but yeah wait for it to be legal. Especially if you don't want any legal issues and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycaneland500)
    honestly i dont see a problem with this as long as they do not get sexual as she is still underage. age is not important if he really cares about her

Lol , age is evidently important. Oooh , she's 12 and im 17 but i love her smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lol , age is evidently important. Oooh , she's 12 and im 17 but i love her smh.
    :rofl: they say love has no limits

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...but it has age limits k :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    if the guy is 19 he is going to end up on the sex offenders register

The age of consent is 16 in UK I'll just wait a year or so

ReputationRep:
    #BorderlinePaedoGang

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    Why would you want to do this, just no.
    Sure, you'll get people saying "oh this worked for so-and-so and they lasted so go for it', but in reality relationships between two people at that age are VERY unlikely to work out.
    It's also illegal to do anything sexual with a 15 year old.
    However supposedly mature a 15 year old may claim to be, they're really not.
    As a 20 year old myself, i cant even comprehend going out with someone four years younger than me, it's just gross. They will be in a completely different stage of life, not even completed their gcses for heavens sake.
    Also i cant imagine anyone you know will be pleased by the relationship, you're effectively going out with a child it's just wrong.
    Also you have to question a 19 year old's motives for going out with a 15 year old - why cant he/she find someone their own age?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100% agree with you....... im 15 and ugh thats disgusting...... and the dudes 19 isnt it classed as pedophilia????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retupmoc627)
    I

If there's grass on the pitch, you're ready to play son.
    You're probably going to get arrested...

ReputationRep:
    It's quite a healthy age gap. Just wait until you are 16 before doing anything naughty with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    This seems very creepy. I'm not sure how a year 11 could have the experience (in life, not simply sexually) to have stimulating conversations with a 19 year old. One must be very mature and the other very immature.

I don't think this is a good idea. The power issues of one being a fully fledged adult, and the other not being able to do most things adults can do...
    Why wouldn't a 15 year old be able to have a stimulating conversation with a 19 year old? 15 year olds are perfectly capable of conversing about important/ interesting topics and suggesting otherwise is pretty narrow minded of you. Furthermore, age has nothing to do with maturity, I know teenagers that are way more mature than people in their twenties.

ReputationRep:
    Watch out for her father, you dirty horse..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImaginaryIsobel)
    Why wouldn't a 15 year old be able to have a stimulating conversation with a 19 year old? 15 year olds are perfectly capable of conversing about important/ interesting topics and suggesting otherwise is pretty narrow minded of you. Furthermore, age has nothing to do with maturity, I know teenagers that are way more mature than people in their twenties.
    15 year olds (in our society) haven't usually experienced the same responsibilities of meeting the rent, keeping the house clean (not it being a chore to do so that someone else sets), living away from people who do those things for you.

They haven't stopped going to school, so they haven't had a chance to properly exist out of a system like it. They have been shielded from most adult stresses.

The maturity here isn't one of view but one of experience.

Narrow minded?
    I suppose you think the age of consent should be lowered to 12, I mean otherwise it's just ageism right?

It's only a 4 year difference don't know y everyone's saying it's disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImaginaryIsobel)
    I agree. And people talking about 15 yr olds and 19 yr olds being at massively different points in their lives - is that a joke? Both ages are young, (usually) studying, and relatively immature. There's not that much difference between the two.

(Original post by there's too much love)
    15 year olds (in our society) haven't usually experienced the same responsibilities of meeting the rent, keeping the house clean (not it being a chore to do so that someone else sets), living away from people who do those things for you.

They haven't stopped going to school, so they haven't had a chance to properly exist out of a system like it. They have been shielded from most adult stresses.

The maturity here isn't one of view but one of experience.
    That just seems like such an irrelevant thing to measure. What about if a 19 year old uni student dating a 19 year old, unemployed non-student, who lives at home, does no chores and doesn't pay bills? Would that also be unacceptable? No way it could work because one of them hasn't lived on their own and paid some bills, right?

ReputationRep:
    Might not seem like a big age difference, like if you were 24 and she was 20. Same age difference, but you're worlds apart right now, and she's underage, so I'd say no.

ReputationRep:
    Please actually think about it. She's going into sixth-form next year, you're at university. By the time she starts uni you'll probably have finished. You're always going to be a different life stages.

Now I replied to a similar thread a few weeks ago (let's face it, this kind of thread pops up every week) and some twit was telling me about her mate who got with a 30 year old when she was 17 and now they have a baby or something. This person was adamant that it can easily work out. Now I'm not judging her mate's decision but I'm under the impression that this girl hasn't done anything with her life since meeting the guy. Just had a kid. She essentially went from the life of a 17 year old to the life of a 30 year old.

If you managed to work out, cool, but I wouldn't put high hopes on it at all and definitely wouldn't pursue it until everyone is of legal age.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.