x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it Islamphboic for me not to talk to women wearing the veil? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Veilophobic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    No,

You said explicitly that you support the killing of who is an adulterer or who on their own decision changes their religion.
    I wonder if someone who believes in old testaments rulings for adultery ect should be banned too?

Or do you have more of problem with Muslims believing in their holy book?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not, since you don't need to be a muslim to wear a veil. However if you were to choose to speak to only people who are not muslims that wear a veil, that would be islamaphobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    No,

You said explicitly that you support the killing of who is an adulterer or who on their own decision changes their religion.
    and we don't seek out people to punish, we ask for 4 witnesses and your own confession. I'm not blood thirsty and nor is my faith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    and we don't seek out people to punish, we ask for 4 witnesses and your own confession. I'm not blood thirsty and nor is my faith
    This has nothing to do with this topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    This has nothing to do with this topic
    I know ask that user who derailed the thread by asking me about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Good luck finding a Christian here that agrees today with an ancient barbaric book .. We moved on, did you ? (rhetoric question)
    I think you should be reported for going off topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Good luck finding a Christian here that agrees today with an ancient barbaric book .. We moved on, did you ? (rhetoric question)
    don't need to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    I wonder if someone who believes in old testaments rulings for adultery ect should be banned too?

Or do you have more of problem with Muslims believing in their holy book?
    Beliving in the Bible or Qu'ran is akin to believing in hearsay. That is, people are believing what they have been told without considering the need for that information to validated. Without validation the information contained within the books can not be considered to be accurate, and your presumption that it is accurate is based on speculation. Humans are well attuned at using speculation to base their beliefs on so I can't really fault you for this since you are just following your base instinct. However, consider before you kill someone for committing a crime against your book whether you really think killing someone is appropriate if you can't establish the truth of your belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    There are some guys who would tell you that's the idea
    It does come across as though that is the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    It does come across as though that is the point.
    Kuffarphobes smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Lol It's not against the forum rules to go off topic in a thread
    It is I have been reported for it before

ReputationRep:
    Im sure someone will come along and correct me but I thought you where not supposed to engage in conversation with a woman wearing a veil if you where a man, because something about a veiled woman being only for her husband.

Im probably saying that out of pure ignorance though im not sure where I heard it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvatarMew)
    I don't like the idea of the veil. It intimidates me.
    I can't really talk to someone without seeing their face. I avoid women who wear them.

I've never spoken to a woman whop wears the veil and I hope I'm never forced to.
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    When you have 5 red bars , nothing you say is taken seriously.
    What do they mean?

ReputationRep:
    No, do what the hell you want-it's a free country. For now. I don't like those weird seeming women with the whole face covered. It's disturbing. Man you are being bullied by PC. Do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't talk to them on my own volition either tbf. Bit weird not being able to see their face. That's kind of important in social interactions for me. I end up taking my mask of on Halloween when I want to have a proper conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    What do they mean?
    Back in the old days , you were able to also give a neg ( negitive rep) , so there was a whole other spectrum . But it was removed cause people can't take receiving a red bar on a student forum.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.