But no pun intended
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by KeepRollingFazzy)
    But no pun intended
    Of course not :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    My personal opinion: you can definitely think about it, start listening to xmas carols on your ipod, and decide what you're going to get your family and friend this year.

But I beg of you, don't start decorating the outside of your house and greeting people with "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" until at least the end of November! Show some restraint people :laugh::kiss:

ReputationRep:
    25th of November is when it's OK.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    NEVER TO EARLY!!!! gonna be whipping out my christmas pig avi soon

ReputationRep:
    I've already planned what presents I'm going to get for (most) my family!:excited:
    Very excited for it this year for some reason
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I find it offensive that some people don't acknowledge the 2 months known as Christmas (Nov and Dec) as well as Post-Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Yes I like thinking about Christmas. There is a trade off in terms of keeping Christmas special, that I think doing really Christmassy stuff should be saved for December but I like allowing myself little fleeting moments to think about Christmas probably from October onwards. It always puts me in a good mood.

Also really from about September I start thinking of looking for potential Christmas gifts for people including myself. If I'm going to buy something for myself at this time, I will put it away for Christmas and it always gives me something to look forward to when I know I have a nice stash of about 3 or 4 things I really want, waiting for me on Christmas Day.

ReputationRep:
    it's better to get ur christmas shopping done early i personally think, that last minute rush for presents is a nightmare
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Generally I keep Christmas for December and early Jan, but this year due to various health issues, I somehow ended up starting preparations in October :facepalm:

Trying not to listen to my Christmas iTunes playlist until December at the very least. Though I think Kylie's Christmas album comes out this month which means I may end up breaking my promise to myself :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the official rule was when the christmas coca cola advert came on?

ReputationRep:
    Don't even talk to me about Christmas ... Christmas for me means six weeks of running around like a blue arsed fly dealing with drama, drunks, complaints, arguments, fist fights and general shenanigans. It's Xmas party season, oh joy.

I'll be working Xmas night, looking forward to that as all the hard stuff will be over then! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Never too early, super excited for Christmas XD

ReputationRep:
    There is no god.
    Stop celebrating this ridiculous holiday.
    All religions are inventions.
    Jesus probably never existed , and if he did , he was a man like al men , he didn't have any special powers.
    Celebrate reason instead of fairy tales.
    If I was In control all holidays would be banned.
    Only reason will be "celebrated" .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertox1)
    There is no god.
    Stop celebrating this ridiculous holiday.
    All religions are inventions.
    Jesus probably never existed , and if he did , he was a man like al men , he didn't have any special powers.
    Celebrate reason instead of fairy tales.
    If I was In control all holidays would be banned.
    Only reason will be "celebrated" .
    Come on, what's the fun in playing the Scrooge and dragging yourself around on Christmas day saying that?? Don't be miserly

ReputationRep:
    my planning started in april so yeah

ReputationRep:
    I hope to finish my xmas shopping by next week

i don't know why i'm so eager this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I've seen shops with decorations and Christmas trees up but, surprisingly, not seen any Christmas adverts yet. Some people I know have already done their Christmas shopping! Have you? How do you feel about Christmas?

Sometimes I think if we start celebrating it too early, I'm fed up of it by Christmas day!

On a side note, TSR has loads of Christmas emoticons! :holmes:

:candycane::cracker::holly::merry::merryxmas::mistle::mrfreeze::mrssanta::santa2::santa3::scrooge::snow::snowm::snowman2::snowman::tree::xmas::xmasgrin:
    Way too early I haven't even had my birthday yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertox1)
    There is no god.
    (singing)
    So clap your hands together
    there is no god no heaven and no hell

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Christmas has anyone watched this video yet?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.