Turn on thread page Beta

I believe in you :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a well motivational mood at the moment, so I've basically come to the conclusion that my happiness derives from achieving things, therefore by doing I can achieve. Spectating does not make me happy.

Stops me if I'm feeling lazy or lack confidence.

Food 4 fought ay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)

Hi, I hope you like that message that I found. I think it's really inspirational and I hope that you do too. I honestly do mean everything that's been said. I am always here for you. If you need any help then you can always pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I may not be able to provide the most best advice in the world, but I will always help you as best as I possibly can do.
    I've felt all those things, but personally this sort of thing doesn't help. Talking of butterflies and fairies doesn't help someone out of depression, especially if its some random person on the internet.

What is inspirational, is hearing about people overcoming the same difficulties as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. Until and even whilst you do believe in you self, I will believe in you.
    :eek: omg you're the person I owe a rep to!

always so sweet

thank you

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Comments like that are meaningless when you direct them towards people you don't even know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    I'm in a well motivational mood at the moment, so I've basically come to the conclusion that my happiness derives from achieving things, therefore by doing I can achieve. Spectating does not make me happy.

Stops me if I'm feeling lazy or lack confidence.

Food 4 fought ay
    I'm glad you've found a conclusion and can use it to help you in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    I've felt all those things, but personally this sort of thing doesn't help. Talking of butterflies and fairies doesn't help someone out of depression, especially if its some random person on the internet.

What is inspirational, is learning that many great scientists were depressed, or had mental problems. That gives me hope.
    I honestly do mean everything and I do understand that where you're coming from. I hope you are well and thank you for saying what YOU find inspirational. I will try to do a bit of research to make a post about that to help give you hope because that is what I care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :eek: omg you're the person I owe a rep to!

always so sweet

thank you
    Haha, yeah but you didn't have to worry about that. Thanks for the personal rating anyway though. You're welcome, you've always been very sweet too, so thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    :jumphug:
    :jumphug::jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I honestly do mean everything and I do understand that where you're coming from. I hope you are well and thank you for saying what YOU find inspirational. I will try to do a bit of research to make a post about that to help give you hope because that is what I care about.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Boltzmann manic depression, but achieved a great deal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer depression

etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Comments like that are meaningless when you direct them towards people you don't even know.
    I understand that you feel that way but there are some people who will benefit from this. I honestly do mean everything from that message to everyone, no matter who they are, what they've been through, what they're dealing with right now or what they've got to face in future. I just hope to make a difference to at least one person.

ReputationRep:
    Ur awesome, keep up the positivity :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Ur awesome, keep up the positivity :-)
    Thanks, you're awesome too! I'll try my hardest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Boltzmann manic depression, but achieved a great deal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer depression

etc.
    Thanks, these are really interesting.

if everyone's beautiful then no one is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    if everyone's beautiful then no one is
    That's a very interesting perspective and I believe that everyone is beautiful in some way, not always appearance, otherwise (as you suggested) no one is beautiful.

ReputationRep:

Hi, I hope you like that message that I found. I think it's really inspirational and I hope that you do too. I honestly do mean everything that's been said. I am always here for you. If you need any help then you can always pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I may not be able to provide the most best advice in the world, but I will always help you as best as I possibly can do.
    Thank you babe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Thank you babe.
    No worries.

ReputationRep:
    Really nice thanks amillion Matrix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaach)
    Really nice thanks amillion
    You're welcome. I'm so glad that you liked that message.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.