Turn on thread page Beta

McDonalds just paid me, I don't work there. Help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indominous)
    Na lol it's my money now they can't take it out or anything so they just need to learn to be more careful next time.
    Mistaken payments can be claimed back by the party that made the payment, and it will be taken out of your bank account and if you have spent it then it will come out whatever other money you have in there.

If they realise their mistake then the money will be taken back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indominous)
    I'm no longer an employee, they do not have access to my bank details let alone bank ACCOUNT now, they won't be able to do anything about taking it off me.
    mate trust me, they will! so what if thy accidentally put it in your account, just give it back, its hardly a large sum of money but they have power to take money back off you..its a massive company, once they take it out don't say i didnt warn you ))

ReputationRep:
    Chances are they are too dumb to have taken you off the payroll so they paid you for a bank holiday or something. They're not entitled to getting the money back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    she is legit m'dear.
    And how Xcatly do u know that ? Oh! And they was no need for you to omitt "Y".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why on earth are people telling OP to ring them up and tell them to take it back? :rolleyes:

Just leave it where it is, don't spend it. It's hardly hundreds of pounds. They can come and get it if they want it back, why should you be expected to go to any effort for them?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AsandaLFC)
    And how Xcatly do u know that ? Oh! And they was no need for you to omitt "Y".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pretty girls exist on this site believe it or not !!!!!

there is no need 2 be a gramma snob too :top:

(Original post by mackemforever)
    Mistaken payments can be claimed back by the party that made the payment, and it will be taken out of your bank account and if you have spent it then it will come out whatever other money you have in there.

If they realise their mistake then the money will be taken back.
    Actually, they have no legal right to enter your account and retrieve money they accidentally sent to you. They can easily flag up the issue to your bank and your bank has to ask for your permission to take the money. The only way this would work is if the person who received the money owned up to it and was being honest. If OP wants to keep the money, they'll need to provide evidence that the money sent to them was intentional or they were expecting it. Some companies simply just go "oops" and don't bother contacting anyone, so the person who received the money can keep it without hassle.

If the business/company asks for the money back and the person refuses to give it, they have the legal right to bring the person to court for withholding money that does not technically belong to them, but to the company/business.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.