Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why so few fireworks this year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    What is there to celebrate in Tory Britain?
    Knowing you will be permanently miserable for five straight years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Me personally?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that what the Tories have been doing for 5 years? They call it quantative easing lol.... Of course people's quantative easing i.e. investment in our infrastructure and people is a bad thing!
    QE is controlled by Bank of england (independent) A lot of the financial crisis ideas were Labour i.e nationalisation of the banks. People's QE likely to cause mass inflation and hurt the poor hardest.

ReputationRep:
    Me personally?
    Yes, you personally, misery guts.

The thread was about fireworks, not "Oh, God, everyone is too miserable for fireworks because I don't like the government."

Well I don't like the government either but, funnily enough, there might be something other to talk about than bloody politics and bloody politicians. If you don't like 'em, stop going on about 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    How?! Why?!

What's different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)

Well I don't like the government either but, funnily enough, there might be something other to talk about than bloody politics and bloody politicians. If you don't like 'em, stop going on about 'em.
    Wow you've just changed my life. I realise I do actually love politicians...I am in fact in love with George Osborne, I need him to be mine. Thank you thank you!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    There were loads in my local park

the stupid teenagers nearly went flying with the fireworks since they wouldn't run fast enough when they lit some up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    The thread was about fireworks, not "Oh, God, everyone is too miserable for fireworks because I don't like the government."
    Exactly :eek: I want to know about pew pew pew; not about politics :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Exactly :eek: I want to know about pew pew pew; not about politics :confused:
    pew pew

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot tbh. I feel bad. But there has been no fireworks whatsoever and no ones even mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you've just changed my life. I realise I do actually love politicians...I am in fact in love with George Osborne, I need him to be mine. Thank you thank you!
    Yes! You go after Ozzy, I'll don my Ms Piggy outfit and go after Big Cam

ReputationRep:
    Most probably the weather. I hate the things. But don't worry you have everyday up until New Year to hear and watch them!

ReputationRep:
    Raining here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suluk)
    Most probably the weather. I hate the things. But don't worry you have everyday up until New Year to hear and watch them!
    Honestly the weather is usually like this! but it's been dead quiet this year. Same for most my friends too.

Weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Honestly the weather is usually like this! but it's been dead quiet this year. Same for most my friends too.

Weird.
    Totally agree here in Southampton too. Guess people are getting bored of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suluk)
    Totally agree here in Southampton too. Guess people are getting bored of them!
    Or just can't afford to burn money any more eh?!

ReputationRep:
    Good question!
    I didn't hear any (I'm living in town for uni) but usually back home, they go on and on for hours.
    Weather, perhaps? It's been pouring hard all day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold 187um)
    Perhaps the uncivilised, low social class vermin who engage in the extremely antisocial practice of setting off fireworks have decided to be a little more considerate and reduce the level of noise pollution. Or maybe it's something else, I don't know.

I'd say one aspect has been the poor weather, unsure about other regions but the midlands has had a fair bit of rain, air seems quite damp etc.

Still it does seem markedly down, but I can't see how arguments over less disposable income would apply this year but not in previous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Good question!
    I didn't hear any (I'm living in town for uni) but usually back home, they go on and on for hours.
    Weather, perhaps? It's been pouring hard all day!
    The weathers literally always like this lol considering the time of year!

Even then i usually have loads around me, not this year! Hardly anything past 9 lol. People must be super tight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)

I'd say one aspect has been the poor weather, unsure about other regions but the midlands has had a fair bit of rain, air seems quite damp etc.

Still it does seem markedly down, but I can't see how arguments over less disposable income would apply this year but not in previous.
    we cant raise interest rates 0.025%

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.