Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    For the first reason.

I Bet you will run a mile when you end up in hospital one day and find out that the doctor performing the surgery on you is from Eastern Europe.
    That's...that's not why you shouldn't go abroad for cosmetic surgery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Well lots of girls also have the same problem as OP and pay to get smaller breasts. It is uncomfortable and inconvenient to have breasts that are too big.
    fair enough but I personally think she shouldn't change only if something extremely wrong with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    That's...that's not why you shouldn't go abroad for cosmetic surgery.
    That was very informative of you, thanks and bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Why does she need counselling?
    because she is obviously suffering physiologically as a result of her usual body shape, or to be more accurate, people reaction to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElephantMemory)
    It's crazy that men are following and harassing you about it. Being male, that is something i never have to experience. I bet the men harassing you have a weird, ''Why are you getting offended at my compliments?'' type attitude.

Is it not possible to have it done on the NHS?
    (Original post by JeremyOU)
    it sounds like an issue, I suppose you could get counselling?
    ask the NHS about the operation, you could maybe get it free.
    You might want to check that the operation wont reduce the functionally of the mammary glands.

From what I've researched, the chances of getting it done under the NHS is slim to none.
    It's sad but I've almost gotten used to the attention I get from men now. There was a point last year where I actually broke down after two guys threatened me when I refused to go home with them one night. Now? I'm more or less desensitised to it.

And I don't need counselling, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    From what I've researched, the chances of getting it done under the NHS is slim to none.
    It's sad but I've almost gotten used to the attention I get from men now. There was a point last year where I actually broke down after two guys threatened me when I refused to go home with them one night. Now? I'm more or less desensitised to it.

And I don't need counselling, no.
    Do you mind if I ask where you hang out?

Obv its not your fault but though I'm from up North where everyone knows each other, me and the girls had to stop going to a few clubs where guys were dodgy and the bouncers ignored it.

If you're from London there are so many creeps there tho! Idk why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    Do you mind if I ask where you hang out?

Obv its not your fault but though I'm from up North where everyone knows each other, me and the girls had to stop going to a few clubs where guys were dodgy and the bouncers ignored it.

If you're from London there are so many creeps there tho! Idk why
    I mainly go out in Cardiff, as that's the uni I'm at right now. There have been a significant number of sexual assaults happening around here, as well, which is extremely worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly go out in Cardiff, as that's the uni I'm at right now. There have been a significant number of sexual assaults happening around here, as well, which is extremely worrying.
    Oh I'm not too familiar with Wales sorry, I have heard some Welsh guys can be a bit racist tho which may be adding to the problem

There are things you can do for self defence like buy a spray (not pepper spray) that's legal, or alarms and stuff. It sucks thats happening though. But I don't think getting a boob job will necessarily change guys being creeps TBH, I don't have big boobs but in some areas guys are weird and will look for any excuse. Even my Muslim friends get hit on in parts of Blackpool and they dress very conservatively ofc

ReputationRep:
    Why mess with nature? I'd think very carefully before doing that, you may regret irreversibly changing your body. Don't you like feeling attractive to a guy you really like, and not like the ones who harassed you?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Why mess with nature? I'd think very carefully before doing that, you may regret irreversibly changing your body. Don't you like feeling attractive to a guy you really like, and not like the ones who harassed you?
    Reading OPs posts I'm sure you can see why she wants to do so. Clearly has thought about it.

ReputationRep:
    What about weightloss, OP? I have big boobs too and I hope they shrink a bit when I lose weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    What about weightloss, OP? I have big boobs too and I hope they shrink a bit when I lose weight

Yeah, weightloss is something I'm also in the midst of doing, though i don't think it'll make that much of a difference in terms of my size of my boobs.

(Original post by HucktheForde)
    Can i grab?
    no.

ReputationRep:
    It's very sad you feel you have to reduce the size of your boobs just to alleviate men harassing you OP. It's not your fault you have them, and the guys you've run into obviously shouldn't have followed you around like they did.

It's even more sad that other women on this thread feel they also should get it done because they look 'slutty' in tight fitting clothes. I mean is wearing tight clothes that show off your figure really supposed to be negative? Throwing aside clothes that you like purely because society deems it somewhat 'inappropriate' just seems so crappy. I understand where the motivation comes from and such entrenched views and entitlement will take a long time to change, but perhaps (as daunting as this is) have the confidence to stand up to these guys and report them. If they do try touching you in anyway then a swift kick to the balls should suffice. To undergo surgery or be forced to dress more conservatively to assuage these ******** guys isn't worth it. Standing up to them however would I think be much more satisfying, though again I understand how scary it can be if groups of guys are leering at or harassing you.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are so small that I doubt you could tell the difference between my body and that of a 13-yo boy...

TBH I don't mind, big ones just sound like a pain to me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    you need to lose weight, then your boobs will get smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Limp Handshake)
    you need to lose weight, then your boobs will get smaller.
    this may surprise you, but i actually like the weight I'm at now. I'm happy with my body. It's just the size of my boobs holding me back, and I don't think it's a good idea to lose weight if it's something I'm content with my weight as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Girls complaining about their big breasts. How sad.
    believe it or not, it really is a pain.

Sorry you can't relate m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    Lol this reminds me of how I went bra shopping today and cried because all of the cute bras only went up to a D cup 😂
    Every single time. The struggle I have to go through to find a decent looking bra with a DD cup is unreal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    It's very sad you feel you have to reduce the size of your boobs just to alleviate men harassing you OP. It's not your fault you have them, and the guys you've run into obviously shouldn't have followed you around like they did.

It's even more sad that other women on this thread feel they also should get it done because they look 'slutty' in tight fitting clothes. I mean is wearing tight clothes that show off your figure really supposed to be negative? Throwing aside clothes that you like purely because society deems it somewhat 'inappropriate' just seems so crappy. I understand where the motivation comes from and such entrenched views and entitlement will take a long time to change, but perhaps (as daunting as this is) have the confidence to stand up to these guys and report them. If they do try touching you in anyway then a swift kick to the balls should suffice. To undergo surgery or be forced to dress more conservatively to assuage these ******** guys isn't worth it. Standing up to them however would I think be much more satisfying, though again I understand how scary it can be if groups of guys are leering at or harassing you.
    I do stand up to them, I let them know of course that I won't stand for their behaviour.

But it still happens, and there comes a point where having this (and other things) happen almost daily becomes tiring.

ReputationRep:
    So my boobs are pretty big (38F). Some people wouldn't regard this as that big, but considering my height (5'2/3) they're pretty damn huge.

They don't give me much physical pain (i.e. back aches), but they are a massive pain day-to-day.
    - I can never buy tops online (or just in general w/o trying it on) because I know as great as it looks on the model, it sure as hell wouldn't look right/appropriate on me.
    - I'm always being harassed by guys whenever I wear a top thats even a LITTLE bit tight. For example, one security guard in the store I work at actually got fired last week because he wouldn't stop following me around, ogling at my boobs/ass. Another guy followed me half the way home on another occasion, making really crude remarks about them.
    - It frustrates me that I have to wear looser tops that I don't particularly like just to feel less insecure

I'm saving up for a surgery (which will cost £6500 -_-) to reduce the size of my boobs, as they're really proving to be a nuisance. I've researched into this a lot but it's a decision I'm about 80% sure I'm going to make.
    This is a long shot, but I'd ****ing love it if someone on TSR experienced these frustrations too - all of my friends happen to be stick thin and have small enough boobs to wear whatever they want without thinking of other people in doing so.
    why post this? I have big boobs to but no need to complain with no point xxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.