Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Serious) Why not smoke? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    The cost of the candle is more than the cake.
    What is this supposed to mean? Sounds amazing, whatever it means lol. But cakes from like costco which are huge cost like 10 quid, while candles like 1 pound for 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Same, I don't judge smokers. I know it gives people a feeling of 'relief'. It is in a sense a coping mechanism, I don't call it disgusting and awful for you because at the end of the smokers know that, it's written on the packet, and they can't help it.
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't want to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiskVsReward)
    Not the most compelling point but I agree to an extent. But honestly, someone like me really doesn't care what others think. I live to impress myself foremost.
    i don't smoke tobacco - the buzz just isn't worth it. other stuff though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humza Ali)
    i don't smoke tobacco - the buzz just isn't worth it. other stuff though....
    na bro, only ciggs are haram, the sheeshaa is defo halal. You know any arabs that say this? I know loads haha.

And ****s sake your pic is reminding of 2 people I know. Exactly the same looking lol. Are you Syrian? You look exactly like some guy I know, like mirror image!

ReputationRep:
    These points I don't think are as effective as the other points. But yeah, it's said seeing someone commit slow suicide by taking something they didn't need. That is pretty damn sad.
    They may not be the most serious drawbacks of smoking, but they can be powerful reasons to quit. The 18 year old smoker does not really consider adverse health consequences 30 years down the line, it's just too much of an abstract idea. Waking up and realising you feel unclean because you smoked 20 on a night out can leave a person asking why they do it. It at least that is how I experienced it and why I quit.

ReputationRep:
    na bro, only ciggs are haram, the sheeshaa is defo halal. You know any arabs that say this? I know loads haha.

And ****s sake your pic is reminding of 2 people I know. Exactly the same looking lol. Are you Syrian? You look exactly like some guy I know, like mirror image!
    HAHAHAHA every single one mate

Nah man, not Syrian - I'm from Pakistan :turban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    They may not be the most serious drawbacks of smoking, but they can be powerful reasons to quit. The 18 year old smoker does not really consider adverse health consequences 30 years down the line, it's just too much of an abstract idea. Waking up and realising you feel unclean because you smoked 20 on a night out can leave a person asking why they do it. It at least that is how I experienced it and why I quit.
    Lol it's like masturbating. After your are done, you just feel guilty or dirty. Maybe this is more my upbrining though lol. Or maybe it's just not like that all. But I get your point. A small point for X isn't the same for Y because people are very different. Thanks for reminding me of that mate!

HAHAHAHA every single one mate

Nah man, not Syrian - I'm from Pakistan :turban:
    Haha if only I had a pic of that dude :P.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it's like masturbating. After your are done, you just feel guilty or dirty. Maybe this is more my upbrining though lol. Or maybe it's just not like that all. But I get your point. A small point for X isn't the same for Y because people are very different. Thanks for reminding me of that mate!

Haha if only I had a pic of that dude :P.
    Well I work in Central London and one of the waiters at the local Yo Sushi looks just like me - like it's scary how identical he is D:

ReputationRep:
    Well I work in Central London and one of the waiters at the local Yo Sushi looks just like me - like it's scary how identical he is D:
    I worked in town in a shop and the dude on the night shift looks exactly like you and the guy from my class also looks literally perfectly like you. Pixel to pixel. lol.

Maybe your all descents of Genghis khan? Why I said this? I have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BulkingTo6ft)
    Because I don't want to?

ReputationRep:
    I worked in town in a shop and the dude on the night shift looks exactly like you and the guy from my class also looks literally perfectly like you. Pixel to pixel. lol.

Maybe your all descents of Genghis khan? Why I said this? I have no idea!
    find a picture!!!

maybe... that would be hella cool

ReputationRep:
    find a picture!!!

maybe... that would be hella cool
    I haven't had contact with either. But maybe ill get a pic somewhere and send ya :P.

Thing is the guy has the exact same facial tone, same hair, same way you close your eyes a bit, god damn.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had contact with either. But maybe ill get a pic somewhere and send ya :P.

Thing is the guy has the exact same facial tone, same hair, same way you close your eyes a bit, god damn.
    I don't normally close my eyes... in fact, they're open for the majority of the day

ReputationRep:
    So is your point that if many people do it, I should do it and vice versa? Because last I saw like 1/3 of people in the UK(adults smoke) but this was years back, maybe it's changed, but truthfully, I am far too lazy to google that :P.
    Well not that you should but people do

Smartphones are inefficient computers. Typing sucks! I could do things 2-3x faster on my PC than phones!
    Idc it's something to do with your hands while waiting at the bus stop etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Well not that you should but people do

Idc it's something to do with your hands while waiting at the bus stop etc
    Don't know man, I really hate smartphones, at least currently. At least they are good to look at when you are walking past people you've known 5 years ago and want to avoid the awkwardness!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know man, I really hate smartphones, at least currently. At least they are good to look at when you are walking past people you've known 5 years ago and want to avoid the awkwardness!
    I got my one 2 years ago and coincidentally it was 2 years ago my eyesight started going downhill so I do worry. When this one breaks I might go back to a brick and my productivity will probably quintuple

ReputationRep:
    And smoking is enjoyable because...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    I got my one 2 years ago and coincidentally it was 2 years ago my eyesight started going downhill so I do worry. When this one breaks I might go back to a brick and my productivity will probably quintuple
    Smartphones are just like meh. Ok on the street fine. But at home? I can do pretty much everything a smartphone can do on a pc and about 1 trillion times more. I don't even go out much, only when I require stuff lol.

Oh well, each to their own :P.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, So this is more of a serious post than my usual posts.

Smoking is supposed to decrease your life. But you are going to die anywhere. Why not live a little less and enjoy your life a little more? Some may say it causes complications but living past say 80+ also gives you many complications.

Is there any truth in my statement or am I missing something. One reason I don't smoke is the high price. Which could actually be a deal breaker.
    smoking kills (duh).
    every cigarette you smoke chops a day off your life. heavy smokers don't live past mid thirties.
    light smokers might reach fifty, but no where close to having to worry about getting old, or pensions, or most your life?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.