Turn on thread page Beta

Levels of fitness our generation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Yeah, cause we all see a post we want to reply to and think "Let me read the rest of the thread before I reply" :lol:

But point proven then, two people saying something along the same lines
    No but it was literally the exact same thing I just found it amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OP is defo the donkey in the pic seeking body validation.

The question is, which donkey?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Foreverton)
    No but it was literally the exact same thing I just found it amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was the same concept at least, either way we shouldn't need to explain such things to someone who's apparently been coaching people for 5 ****ing years :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It was the same concept at least, either way we shouldn't need to explain such things to someone who's apparently been coaching people for 5 ****ing years :rofl:
    I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I am what is considered obese but I am healthy, blood tests, blood sugar, cholesterol etc not only come back as being fine but shockingly better than people in my age range who live a healthy lifestlyle/work out.

Probably because I dont drink or smoke, I just have a bad diet drinking a lot of diet sodas. going between undereating some days, then eating a large takeaway another day(and nothing else i.e I starve to the evening then eat a entire pizza) then next day had something like rice or noodles and maybe a bar of chocolate.

I was always slim but with what they call puppy fat till my mid twenties, or I was slim but naturally bulky, used to get called fat when I was actually the right weight for my height, age and build, and at 2 points I was underweight (did get the most female attention when underweight)

The things that usually annoyed me was the idea that I am pigging out all the time, yesterday all I ate was a bowl of cereal, pack of noodles and a large german sausage on a roll with onions (at a fireworks event) all day, today havent even eaten anything yet, I do admit to having a pizza on Monday and veggie calzone on Tuesday though (and on Tuesday craved 3 bars of twix too) that is the extent of what I ate.

Back to actual health, I have never been able to run, probably due to my autism but I used to go to gym and do really well as it was more based on activity than speed, I was going to the gym 2 hours or more a day about 5 days a week at one point yet I didnt really lose weight but I became a little faster and not as drained, though even now obese I can still go for long walks and up and down stairs with almost zero difficulty, I always remember when I did hillwalking a few years ago with 17-19 year olds that liked to smoke and drink, I was so far ahead of them I had to wait a few minutes as they were struggling to even keep up with me who was overweight.
    If you are obese you are not healthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Despite my doctors telling me I am healthy? Even a dietician I saw said what I eat wasnt the problem but because I ate it in one go rather than spread out.

My doctors were actually sctratching their heads at my results saying they didnt make sense.

I do suffer from depression but that isnt health related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    We're talking about fitness not health

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by difeo)
    Not necessarily true, it's just that the extreme majority of obese people also tend to be lazy and thus likely to suffer health problems, which makes up the stats. Obesity also makes you more susceptible to health problems but you can theoretically be obese and healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Despite my doctors telling me I am healthy? Even a dietician I saw said what I eat wasnt the problem but because I ate it in one go rather than spread out.

My doctors were actually sctratching their heads at my results saying they didnt make sense.

I do suffer from depression but that isnt health related.
    Yeah but overweight/obese people always say that. Your doctors probably said "you have no health problems right now but are on course for lots down the line" as presumably you're roughly age 20 now and you took that to mean yes you're healthy
    Your dietician is wrong, meal timing is virtually irrelevant, it's all about what you eat (and drink)

Your results do make sense, it's just that obesity-related health problems are rare at a young age so it's pretty common to have normal blood pressure etc as an obese 20 year old.

(this isn't meant to sound as hostile as it did)
    We're talking about fitness not healthPosted from TSR Mobile
    He said "I am what is considered obese but I am healthy".

Not necessarily true, it's just that the extreme majority of obese people also tend to be lazy and thus likely to suffer health problems, which makes up the stats. Obesity also makes you more susceptible to health problems but you can theoretically be obese and healthy.
    Depends on your definition I suppose. I would call being far more susceptible to health problems unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Yeah but overweight/obese people always say that. Your doctors probably said "you have no health problems right now but are on course for lots down the line" as presumably you're roughly age 20 now and you took that to mean yes you're healthy
    Your dietician is wrong, meal timing is virtually irrelevant, it's all about what you eat (and drink)

Your results do make sense, it's just that obesity-related health problems are rare at a young age so it's pretty common to have normal blood pressure etc as an obese 20 year old.

(this isn't meant to sound as hostile as it did)
    He said "I am what is considered obese but I am healthy".

Depends on your definition I suppose. I would call being far more susceptible to health problems unhealthy.
    Im in my thirties actually and do a lot of walking, dont drink alcohol, dont smoke tobacco, never been one for illegal drugs.

I used to walk to work for miles even when overweight, even now can walk 3 miles to good supermarket that does reduced stuff late, I walk the dog at my parents.

I am not an unhealthy person bar my weight, I went about 3 years without going to the doctor at all, and even now only go every so often for depression related issues, I only get like 1 bad cold a year that puts me in bed for a week and minor sniffles rest of year, though that is probably as on the rare chance I get a cold I let it play out rather than self medicate so I have better immune system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportykitty)
    Im assuming. I coach running and girls with a paunch like that are often not very long distance or fast xxx
    I see. Well I wouldn't say I'm especially fast but I run regularly and definitely have a belly! I think it's quite rude to make assumptions. There are plenty of people that are overweight and run a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    I see. Well I wouldn't say I'm especially fast but I run regularly and definitely have a belly! I think it's quite rude to make assumptions. There are plenty of people that are overweight and run a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obesity can also be genetic so there's not much they can do but they can still get fit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obesity can also be genetic so there's not much they can do but they can still get fit
    My parents are large but both skinny as a rake till their 30's my brother is still slim now but was underweight till he was in his 30s and just the right weight now mad thing about him was he used to eat huge amounts of junk every day and do no exercise even walking to the corner shop was too much for him and he was underweight, though he has got a single (but much larger than usual) kidney. I mean at his worst I remember in the space of 2 hours he ate 24 packs of crisps, 2 kebabs and chips, 2 cans of pepsi, a 2 litre pepsi, 1kg of chocolate and still said he was hungry (he literally just burped out whenever he was full)

I was slim but always had puppy fat till my late 20's

My parents eat home cooked food, they eat about 3 takeaways a year though dad does like sweeties, mum never eats them though now they are in their 60s their weight is dropping back to slim levels.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    u need to run more regularly then hun lol xxx

ReputationRep:
    The girl looks happy and beautiful, just because our parents weren't chubby when they were teenagers doesn't mean it's bad for us. We have so much stress put on us in comparison to them. Plus being a teenage girl is especially hard because our bodies go through SO much changes and they are expected to look like flawless dolls 24/7 like the airbrushed models on tv. A little chubyness never hurt anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    The girl looks happy and beautiful, just because our parents weren't chubby when they were teenagers doesn't mean it's bad for us. We have so much stress put on us in comparison to them. Plus being a teenage girl is especially hard because our bodies go through SO much changes and they are expected to look like flawless dolls 24/7 like the airbrushed models on tv. A little chubyness never hurt anyone.
    so our parents werent as chubby cos they werent stressed? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Rude. I have lost a lot of weight through running. Doesn't happen overnight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, he doesn't. Running won't make him lose fat, a calorie deficit will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    No, he doesn't. Running won't make him lose fat, a calorie deficit will.
    Am a she, thanks. Running can be part of creating a calorie deficit. Either way the other poster was being rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am a she, thanks. Running can be part of creating a calorie deficit. Either way the other poster was being rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, can't see gender symbol on phone.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.