Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I did pullups with 30kg weights attached and i'm Vegan. AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Pull ups are the easiest back exercise you dumb vegan.

ReputationRep:
    Well done m8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    So basically you added weight to a belt until you were a normal sized person and then you managed 2 pullups.

Normal sized person here, can do more than 2 pullups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    I am 5'8 and I weigh 190 lb. You are like a girl, so because of it your aren't that strong even for your size. How much can you actually lift?
    Well I am 6 foot and I weigh in at 160lbs. I am not skinny at all, quite muscular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Well I am 6 foot and I weigh in at 160lbs. I am not skinny at all, quite muscular.
    Are you sure? No way you can weigh so little at that height. Unless I am big boned or something? I mean I am fat, I could lose 20 lb's however I would still weight more than you. I am small also, just 5'8.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? No way you can weigh so little at that height. Unless I am big boned or something? I mean I am fat, I could lose 20 lb's however I would still weight more than you. I am small also, just 5'8.
    Muscle is much more dense than fat. People can weigh much less and have muscle mass and look the same size as someone who weighs much more but is just fat

although 110lbs is ridiculously skinny for a 5'8 as OP has stated, so there's definitely something for him to worry about. That isn't lean, that's just calling death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    So there is this myth that vegans are weak. Today I did 2 reps with 30kg hanging from my body. I repeated this after a 1 min break.

Who said Vegans were weak? What's more impressive is that I only weigh 53.3kg. That's 56% of my bodymass :cool:

When you meat eaters can all do that then call me weak!

Go vegan, for the animals! :woo:
    Just imagine, how many more you'd be able to do with a bit of meat in ya buddy(!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Muscle is much more dense than fat. People can weigh much less and have muscle mass and look the same size as someone who weighs much more but is just fat

although 110lbs is ridiculously skinny for a 5'8 as OP has stated, so there's definitely something for him to worry about. That isn't lean, that's just calling death.
    Looking straight ahead they look the same. However looking at the side the fat person is bigger. So they weigh more.

ReputationRep:
    So there is this myth that vegans are weak. Today I did 2 reps with 30kg hanging from my body. I repeated this after a 1 min break.

Who said Vegans were weak? What's more impressive is that I only weigh 53.3kg. That's 56% of my bodymass :cool:

When you meat eaters can all do that then call me weak!

Go vegan, for the animals! :woo:
    When vegans start making power-lifting world records then I think people will stop calling them weak.

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'8 and I weigh 190 lb. You are like a girl, so because of it your aren't that strong even for your size. How much can you actually lift?
    Look at his name... He's a rock-climber... Of course he is going to be tiny. He's not a wrestler.

ReputationRep:
    Omg 53.3kg at 5'8 ! how did you do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hektik)
    How much more could you have lifted if you ate meat?

[ ] Not rekt
    [X] REKT
    (Original post by AmyS93)
    Just imagine, how many more you'd be able to do with a bit of meat in ya buddy(!)
    probably less because if I ate meat, I would be a weak, fat ******* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You're 53kg? Either you're 5'0" or morbidly anorexic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    Omg 53.3kg at 5'8 ! how did you do it
    Vegan diet, lots of exercise, not eating chocolate, not drinking fizzy drinks, very very little junk food and controlling what I eat :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    You're 53kg? Either you're 5'0" or morbidly anorexic.
    Funny you should say that. My BMI is showing as being at the bottom end of normal. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    So basically you added weight to a belt until you were a normal sized person and then you managed 2 pullups.

Normal sized person here, can do more than 2 pullups.
    Power to weight ratio my friend. Google it

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should say that. My BMI is showing as being at the bottom end of normal. :rolleyes:
    The BMI does not give an accurate representation on what is healthy weight, or not. 53kg at 5'8" (if thats really your height) for a guy seems really underweight.

ReputationRep:
    Power to weight ratio my friend. Google it
    I'm more familiar with it than you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    The BMI does not give an accurate representation on what is healthy weight, or not. 53kg at 5'8" (if thats really your height) for a guy seems really underweight.
    i've heard bmi not being reliable for heavy people, but for skinny people too?!? That's news to me :rolleyes: Also never heard people moan so much about someone being slighter lighter than your average person. I'm not like 40kg. I'm 53.3!

ReputationRep:
    i've heard bmi not being reliable for heavy people, but for skinny people too?!? That's news to me :rolleyes: Also never heard people moan so much about someone being slighter lighter than your average person. I'm not like 40kg. I'm 53.3!
    40kg would be anorexic. 53kg sounds underweight for an average height guy but if you're comfortable as it is, then fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.