Turn on thread page Beta

How many of you plan to tattoo your eyeballs? watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Eye can't see the appeal myself.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, that guy in the picture picked the best way to tattoo his eyeballs. Even if the idea is intrinsically retarded, he made the best of it by being creative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    I would actually rather die than let someone put a needle that close to my eyeball
    Even if you had something like a cataract, which would eventually make you go blind? (Obvs it's nerve-wracking, but would you not go through with it?)

You'd be surprised at the skill of the doctors.

This is what they'd do:
    - put eye drops in your eye, which would freeze it and numb it (don't feel a thing)
    - they'd use a syringe to inject your eye with an anaesthetic
    - when they get a thing to keep open your eye lids, you won't even realise that it's happened (you're conscious, and can see out of eyeball whilst operation is happening)
    - get a scalpel and slice into eye, a bit to the side
    - use ultrasound to break up cataract
    - get a vacuum to suck out cataract bits
    - replace lens with a plastic one
    then you get a see-through eye batch to wear, and have to place eye drops in your eye like 3 times a day, which are antibiotics, to avoid infection and allow it to heal

(p.s. I don't have it, but I knew someone who has. Soz if there are any mistakes in the process or explanation people.)

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh, that had to hurt so badly. eek! I have been thinking about getting a tattoo (I have none currently) but not in my eye. lol ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Even if you had something like a cataract, which would eventually make you go blind? (Obvs it's nerve-wracking, but would you not go through with it?)

You'd be surprised at the skill of the doctors.

This is what they'd do:
    - put eye drops in your eye, which would freeze it and numb it (don't feel a thing)
    - they'd use a syringe to inject your eye with an anaesthetic
    - when they get a thing to keep open your eye lids, you won't even realise that it's happened (you're conscious, and can see out of eyeball whilst operation is happening)
    - get a scalpel and slice into eye, a bit to the side
    - use ultrasound to break up cataract
    - get a vacuum to suck out cataract bits
    - replace lens with a plastic one
    then you get a see-through eye batch to wear, and have to place eye drops in your eye like 3 times a day, which are antibiotics, to avoid infection and allow it to heal

(p.s. I don't have it, but I knew someone who has. Soz if there are any mistakes in the process or explanation people.)
    Arrrgggghhh! :zomg:

I don't want anything done to my eyes whilst concious. Just knock me out. Don't ever discuss the procedure with me. Just, nope!

ReputationRep:
    Not even in my dreams! OUCH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    i hope these tards don't enter my corner of hell
    Hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    oh my gosh, that had to hurt so badly. eek! I have been thinking about getting a tattoo (I have none currently) but not in my eye. lol ^_^
    It doesn't hurt at all, at least it shouldn't do, if it does, you've probably got a serious problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    It doesn't hurt at all, at least it shouldn't do, if it does, you've probably got a serious problem.
    How do you know it won't hurt? >_<

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know this was a thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    Arrrgggghhh! :zomg:

I don't want anything done to my eyes whilst concious. Just knock me out. Don't ever discuss the procedure with me. Just, nope!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to know how this works...

ReputationRep:
    this should be in Creative Cornea

:top2:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this should be in Creative Cornea

:top2:

:getmecoat:
    Joke of the year is going to you.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'll stick to arms and thighs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    How do you know it won't hurt? >_<
    Admittedly 2nd hand experience but no experience I have read have spoken about pain, at least in the same way a normal tattoo hurts.

ReputationRep:
    I love tattoos but tattooing eyeballs is just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly 2nd hand experience but no experience I have read have spoken about pain, at least in the same way a normal tattoo hurts.
    I cannot comprehend anyone choosing for their eyeballs to hurt in a non-medical procedure. For vanity. These people scare me a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    I cannot comprehend anyone choosing for their eyeballs to hurt in a non-medical procedure. For vanity. These people scare me a little.
    Luckily that it really has f all to do with you then.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily that it really has f all to do with you then.
    Why so hurt about it?! I haven't made it my business. I have offered a comment about it on a comment board. And yes, I am lucky that it has nothing to do with me as I don't want anything to do with it.

A little chill wouldn't go amiss.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.