Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Mathematics Higher 1MA0 Paper 2 Answers November 2015 watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kmohazeb)
    For number 7, I got that he needs 51m? Will I still get marks?

Also can I ask what the cost was for number 8 thanks
    51 is correct.

50ml = £1.09
    75ml = £1.68
    125 ml = £2.69
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rosie_xxxoo)
    Hi mr M, can you post the foundation markschemes aswell please? Thankyou
    I'm sorry. I don't have the papers. Your teacher can go through this with you on Monday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Muhammad25)
    I put (1,2) intead carelessly. Does this mean I have lost a marker two.
    Drop one mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Ask a teacher in your school? They are allowed to use them with candidates in their centre. My advice would be to focus on your A level - surely GCSE is a pretty trivial challenge for you now?
    I'm only in AS bare in mind, I just like to try the papers, they're nice sometimes, relaxing in comparison to FP1/FP2 that's for sure! Just nice to reassure myself that I've got all the basics.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Would u get full marks if u say he needs 51m? And not 51.2?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Also Mr M, for the fuel Q, I somehow got 9mins, do u think I'll get some marks for the method at least?

Also for number 8, I converted them into pence...could this still be correct?

ReputationRep:
    Also Mr M, for 15(a) I wrote that when a radius touches it it's 90degrees, is this wrong? ( I think it was this exam?! )

I've not seen the exam, but from what you've said, I assume it was a circle theorem question with a tangent and a radius.

You should've said 'When a tangent and a radius meet, a 90 degree right angle is formed', as it is GCSE you may pick a mark up for that, though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also Mr M, for the fuel Q, I somehow got 9mins, do u think I'll get some marks for the method at least?

Fuel - that just sounds wrong.

Unless you did a division or multiplication involving both numbers no marks for 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    I've not seen the exam, but from what you've said, I assume it was a circle theorem question with a tangent and a radius.

You should've said 'When a tangent and a radius meet, a 90 degree right angle is formed', as it is GCSE you may pick a mark up for that, though
    I did two math exams, I'm not sure whether it was this one that required an explanation, or the other one. Thanks regardless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Fuel - that just sounds wrong.

Unless you did a division no marks for 8.
    I did divide them! Just from pence instead of pound
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by iMacJack)

No marks - this was an angle in a semicircle question.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I did divide them! Just from pence instead of pound
    That's right then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    No marks - this was an angle in a semicircle question.
    Oh, well that's a bit different then!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the amounts of each sweet on the last question?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M. What did you do get 251/435 because I am sure that I wrote that as my final answer too. I did 1-(same) I can't remember the probabilties for same but I did 1-(?/870). I think one of the values for same was 20 am I right?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by rahim.mughal)
    Hi Mr M. What did you do get 251/435 because I am sure that I wrote that as my final answer too. I did 1-(same) I can't remember the probabilties for same but I did 1-(?/870). I think one of the values for same was 20 am I right?
    Yes that's how I did it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ad4m)
    Can anyone remember the amounts of each sweet on the last question?
    18 fruit, 7 aniseed and 5 mint.

ReputationRep:
    For question 15 did you have to use sohcahtoa? And then make an additional right angle triangle, to give u the full length of the side of the triangle on the circle. My answer was 2-Something, so would i get method marks?

ReputationRep:
    please tell me how people worked out question 7 coz i got 51cm for the perimetre and he had 50cm, theefore he didnt have enough. AM I RIGHT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassanh)
    For question 15 did you have to use sohcahtoa? And then make an additional right angle triangle, to give u the full length of the side of the triangle on the circle. My answer was 2-Something, so would i get method marks?
    I used tan and then sin i think. You had to find the length of one by using tan and x it by 2 because it met the centre of the circle. Then use sin to find the other length. I got 2. something I can't remember exactly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.