Turn on thread page Beta

do you think guys or girls make better friends? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do girls or guys make better friends?
    girls
    35.71%
    guys
    64.29%

ReputationRep:
    I think good PEOPLE make better friends. I don't really think gender sways it. I've had some girl friends I would never give up for the world but some that are honestly nastier than sin. The same with men. Generally, I think girls do it more for me because they're a lot more comfortable with a range of personal issues and a lot more open-minded than the men I have come across but having said that, my best friend is a boy and I could talk to him about legitimately anything and he would handle it amazingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Yeah, I don't know why girls could be like that. I got moved over into the opposite set in high school for GCSE's and had to deal with three queen bee types who decided for whatever reason I was some sort of threat. The fact that I was getting 90%+ in all of my science tests probably didn't help.

My male bullies were usually a little more violent but I still had male friends so I don't know why it didn't affect me as much
    I had this girl that proper used to despise me and hate me for no reason at all. I was so confused as to why she hated me so much. She was the only girl at the time that hated me for no reason so it didn't affect me that much on my friendships with females. I mostly got picked on with guys however I actually spoke to guys more, but my closest friends have been always females.

ReputationRep:
    My best friends have always been girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Personally, I find it easier to make male friends, simply because a lot of the females I know are pretty annoying and *****y. I did go to an all girls secondary school, so many may find it wierd, but I now go to a sixth form with predominantly male students, and I've been able to become friends and trust them at a faster rate than with any of my female friends. But thats just my opinion, of course it would vary depending on who you prefer to talk to in general.
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I've found it easier to make friends with guys because they're chilled out and have a great sense of humour (the ones at my school anyway)
    Oh dear, my betis!
    What will the rest of our society think if they found out about this?!
    Why can't you be more like your good cousins? - only focussed on studies and nothing else!

Hum toh barbaad ho jaayenge!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I had this girl that proper used to despise me and hate me for no reason at all. I was so confused as to why she hated me so much. She was the only girl at the time that hated me for no reason so it didn't affect me that much on my friendships with females. I mostly got picked on with guys however I actually spoke to guys more, but my closest friends have been always females.
    I think I know why the girls picked on me but I still have no idea to this day why this bunch of guys victimised me. I was nice to them and they repaid me by being little asses.

ReputationRep:
    I think I know why the girls picked on me but I still have no idea to this day why this bunch of guys victimised me. I was nice to them and they repaid me by being little asses.
    They probably just had a crush on you :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I hear girls saying they prefer making friends with guys as girls get really jealous and b*tchy quickly, but what do you think? I'm a female and I prefer to have female friends, idk I just find it wayyy easier to make female friends than male friends, what about you?
    guy (no homo), because women bicker too much and drive me nuts with their constant talking! Also they chat so much **** most of the time. Why don't they just get to the point instead of all this small talk?

ReputationRep:
    They probably just had a crush on you :giggle:
    Why would you trip someone up in corridors, kick a football into their face and call someone horrible names if you fancied them? I call bull****. They were and still are utter pieces of s*** and many a time I fantasised about putting bullets through their skulls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    guy (no homo), because women bicker too much and drive me nuts with their constant talking! Also they chat so much **** most of the time. Why don't they just get to the point instead of all this small talk?
    lol just because you think guys make better friends doesn't mean you're gay :/

ReputationRep:
    Why would you trip someone up in corridors, kick a football into their face and call someone horrible names if you fancied them? I call bull****. They were and still are utter pieces of s*** and many a time I fantasised about putting bullets through their skulls
    Oh gosh, that's horrible. I had a group of guys that were horrible to me aswell, used to constantly call me names for no reason. *****ng *******s. And now that I'm in college one of them keeps trying to holla... i'm just thinking b*tch nah.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, that's horrible. I had a group of guys that were horrible to me aswell, used to constantly call me names for no reason. *****ng *******s. And now that I'm in college one of them keeps trying to holla... i'm just thinking b*tch nah.
    It's f***ing bull**** isn't it? It made me understand why people go on gun rampages though.

ReputationRep:
    It's f***ing bull**** isn't it? It made me understand why people go on gun rampages though.
    So lucky that guns are banned in the uk. Honestly in school I would have ****ing blown one of those guys heads off, swear to God I would have.

ReputationRep:
    So lucky that guns are banned in the uk. Honestly in school I would have ****ing blown one of those guys heads off, swear to God I would have.
    I carried around a carpet cutter with me in HS and I'm honestly surprised I managed not to use it. It's a shame guns are banned; if we ever have a situation like The Purge in the UK three guesses who will be the first to die :L

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say one's better than the other, just depends on the person.
    I have more male friends but my closest ones are girls.
    At school the guys could be just as *****y and two faced as the girls.

ReputationRep:
    I carried around a carpet cutter with me in HS and I'm honestly surprised I managed not to use it. It's a shame guns are banned; if we ever have a situation like The Purge in the UK three guesses who will be the first to die :L
    Oh gosh you was brave. But I wished death on some of them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh you was brave. But I wished death on some of them.
    Not really, stupid more like. If I had got caught with it that would pretty much have been my GCSE's ruined. Thankfully I didn't get caught and I came out with good GCSE's but it didn't stop me wanting to murder half of them. It's completely normal and okay to wish bad things on your bullies just as long as you don't do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, stupid more like. If I had got caught with it that would pretty much have been my GCSE's ruined. Thankfully I didn't get caught and I came out with good GCSE's but it didn't stop me wanting to murder half of them. It's completely normal and okay to wish bad things on your bullies just as long as you don't do anything about it.
    ahh, yeah. Was i so bad? like why didn't you just report them. i just didn't had the guts to do so at the time and I wish I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Oh dear, my betis!
    What will the rest of our society think if they found out about this?!
    Why can't you be more like your good cousins? - only focussed on studies and nothing else!

Hum toh barbaad ho jaayenge!

:rofl:
    Hi-la ji! I focus on my studies yaar! Vo mera priority hain! I promise you - I won't he having a bf anytime soon XP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here in England I found it waaay easier to make friends with guys. Basically all my friends are boys exept for one girl

Animals make the best friends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.