2.50%
    Other
    1.67%
    Chelsea will still make it
    17.50%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Everton have a decent shout, but you've got to make Liverpool and Tottenham favourites. I think, over the course of 38 games, they'll offer more consistency. We've seen Everton are really good, but when they are bad (United at home), they are really bad.

ReputationRep:
    Who voted Chelsea? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Was a toughie between West Ham and Spurs for me, with West Ham moving to the Olympic Stadium next year - CL would be a great start, they really need to be pushing to that next level now and I quite like them.. but I voted Spurs. :P
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I actually thought Liverpool, but couldn't come across to even think about actually physically voting for Liverpool.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Scenes when Tottenham knock Arsenal out of the Europa League en route to winning it.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't followed football in the last 6/7 years or so.

However, I used to support Liverpool, so I voted for them. I'm sure that it's worth a lot.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Everton have a decent shout, but you've got to make Liverpool and Tottenham favourites. I think, over the course of 38 games, they'll offer more consistency. We've seen Everton are really good, but when they are bad (United at home), they are really bad.
    I love Everton but they're just too inconsistent. They badly need a takeover or some new investment because they're woefully short in several positions which will count against them over the course of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Ran it close but I imagine Derby just grab it and Chelsea finish 6th.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    I love Everton but they're just too inconsistent. They badly need a takeover or some new investment because they're woefully short in several positions which will count against them over the course of the season.
    Barkley is best served at Goodison Park for the foreseeable, but you imagine he and Stones definitely have a higher ceiling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Averaged 2.23ppg over the course of the last 21 games, why not?

I'd still be delighted with 17th to be quite honest, but there's really no sign of this stopping; fantastic run of form stretching over half a season and the stats for the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater (who isn't getting anywhere near enough praise, likewise Kante) are impressive enough that even if they tail off slightly, they'll still be in very good form.
    No doubt about them being in good form, but anyone who's been watching the premier league for a while understands that all teams who don't have strong enough squads will soon fall away from the pack. Players will soon get tired along the Christmas fixtures and even injuries may strike which could instantly derail any teams season.

Also, Leicester have only played one team from last seasons top 8 (Arsenal) and they lost. They may soon be in for a reality check. I would love for their form to continue, believe me, but I can't see it happening, defies football logic really.

EDIT: forgot they played Southampton too, coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. I think. Oh and Tottenham. Messed that up lol.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs. Just need Kane, after his hat trick last weekend, to start scoring on a consistent basis (like Vardy) to get the momentum going. Got a settled team and it'll depend on whether the young players who are doing well now, like Dier/Alli, can keep it going.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Also, Leicester have only played one team from last seasons top 8 (Arsenal) and they lost. They may soon be in for a reality check. I would love for their form to continue, believe me, but I can't see it happening, defies football logic really.
    Southampton and Spurs?

I can't say i'm looking forward to United going there in a few weeks. Still have nightmares about last season.

ReputationRep:
    People getting excited about Leicester, remember that this time a year ago Southampton were second.

I *hope* Liverpool get it, though the realist in me thinks it'll be Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

I can't say i'm looking forward to United going there in a few weeks. Still have nightmares about last season.
    Bet that'll be an absolute goal fest. Wonder if even Rooney will manage another lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Southampton and Spurs?

I think you'll be catching them at a good moment for your lot though. Fatigue will be catching up with the Leicester players and expectations may not be as high as last season, also LVG won't stand for another poor performance.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No doubt about them being in good form, but anyone who's been watching the premier league for a while understands that all teams who don't have strong enough squads will soon fall away from the pack. Players will soon get tired along the Christmas fixtures and even injuries may strike which could instantly derail any teams season.

And you're assuming we don't have a strong enough squad (despite our reserves dumping West Hams first team out of the cup) because? We've got an international captain who can only make the bench in Inler, a hot young prospect wanted by Chelsea and Juve sat as fourth choice striker, a proven prem winger in Dyer sat as backup, it's only really in goal that we don't have a decent premiership standard backup.

If you can't even have a cursory glance at the fixture list before you post, your opinion is moot (we've also played Spurs and Southampton). But, it's worth noting last season even through our bobbins run we still outclassed Spurs at home (but for Lloris it would have been a landslide), pushed Arsenal all the way at the emirates (being described as the best side they'd faced all season by Wenger) and beat spurs once at the lane. Then let's not forget the win over Man Utd, draws vs Arsenal and Everton at the start of last season, pushing Chelsea to the wire at home with two key players off injured in the first 20 minutes and making Southampton and Swansea look ordinary at the end of last season. Hell, since we came up the only two sides we've not taken any points from are Manchester City and Chelsea.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The issue with Spurs is the inexperience. Their average age is one of the lowest in the PL. Their key players - Bentaleb, Mason, Dier, Kane, Eriksen - are all under 24, and Lloris and Vertonghen are even under the age of 30.

Liverpool aren't much better, but Klopp is experienced and we have players like Sakho, Lucas, Milner and Skrtel at least.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think you'll be catching them at a good moment for your lot though. Fatigue will be catching up with the Leicester players and expectations may not be as high as last season, also LVG won't stand for another poor performance.
    Fatigue isn't really a benefit when we're suffering from it too. Have you seen how knackered and stretched our squad is already, seeing how we have a few injuries and LVG sold all the squad players/loaned out all the kids?

And you're assuming we don't have a strong enough squad (despite our reserves dumping West Hams first team out of the cup) because? We've got an international captain who can only make the bench in Inler, a hot young prospect wanted by Chelsea and Juve sat as fourth choice striker, a proven prem winger in Dyer sat as backup, it's only really in goal that we don't have a decent premiership standard backup..
    Completely forgot you had Inler and Nathan Dyer
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sr90)
    Fatigue isn't really a benefit when we're suffering from it too. Have you seen how knackered and stretched our squad is already, seeing how we have a few injuries and LVG sold all the squad players/loaned out all the kids?

Completely forgot you had Inler and Nathan Dyer
    No need for them at the moment - Kante is an absolute beast of a destroyer (makelele-esque) while Drinkwater has been absolutely sublime, then while Mahrez needs no more hype, Albrighton is proving quality as well - his introduction last season coincided with our turnaround and that's wasn't really a coincidence: admittedly a few weeks ago but the squawka comparison matrix showed him matching the likes of Fabregas and Silva for key passes and chances created.

Also, got to laugh at the idea of fatigue being a problem - we're supremely fit, that's how we come from behind with such regularity. Besides, if Vardy can play for two months with a broken wrist...

ReputationRep:
    And you're assuming we don't have a strong enough squad (despite our reserves dumping West Hams first team out of the cup) because? We've got an international captain who can only make the bench in Inler, a hot young prospect wanted by Chelsea and Juve sat as fourth choice striker, a proven prem winger in Dyer sat as backup, it's only really in goal that we don't have a decent premiership standard backup.

If you can't even have a cursory glance at the fixture list before you post, your opinion is moot (we've also played Spurs and Southampton). But, it's worth noting last season even through our bobbins run we still outclassed Spurs at home (but for Lloris it would have been a landslide), pushed Arsenal all the way at the emirates (being described as the best side they'd faced all season by Wenger) and beat spurs once at the lane. Then let's not forget the win over Man Utd, draws vs Arsenal and Everton at the start of last season, pushing Chelsea to the wire at home with two key players off injured in the first 20 minutes and making Southampton and Swansea look ordinary at the end of last season. Hell, since we came up the only two sides we've not taken any points from are Manchester City and Chelsea.
    I corrected myself within a minute, completely forgot you played Spurs and S'oton, not sure how that makes my opinion 'moot'.

I never said you don't have a good team, undoubtedly you do and I'm not trying to take away any credit from them. They were the best team to play us at the Emirates last season and probably should have won both that game and the game at the King Power. They also were unlucky to lose a lot of games last season they probably should have won let alone drawn (Spurs away springs to mind).

However, I still don't think the squad will last the season, from my experience of watching the league that is. I don't think the way the team has been playing is sustainable over a whole season, especially if you go far in the domestic cups which will only add to fatigue. The style of play is so attack minded (which I love watching) but will soon take it's toll on players like Vardy who don't have the experience of playing in many games over the season at such a high consistency. Also, it won't always work against teams with better attackers (and defenders). You only have to look as far as the Arsenal game to see how easily and efficiently Leicester were counter attacked and grew quickly tired over the course of the 90 mins.

It's only an opinion and I could be as wrong as the next man, hell you could win the league for I care, I have no problem against Leicester at all.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is when fatigue/injuries will really start to kick in especially for attacking teams, see Southampton last season who were hanging around in 3rd place at this stage but dropped out in the end. Chelsea suffered too (they were going HAM during the first half of last season) since January but having a quality squad meant they were still able to grind out wins.

Leicester have a few big games coming up (City, United, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea (3 point banker at this stage though lol)), they cannot drop too many points from those games otherwise they'll drop out of the top 4 as Spurs, West Ham and Liverpool will have easier fixtures by then having already played most of their big games.

Would be fantastic if Leicester do manage it though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.