Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted ABB, is a BBB insurance university riskyyy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arjunnpatel97)
    Oh Aha my apologies.
    If I suffered a family bereavement during exam period, how much information would be needed in a reference?
    Another teacher here.
    You need this to be dealt with by the exams officer at your school, who will process the information for the exam boards. Mentioning it in the reference can be as full or as brief as you and your referees decide it needs to be. Maximum allowance for special consideration is 5% for the death of a parent or sibling in the immediate period of the exams. It doesn't really amount to very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Kitchener)
    Yeah but I think I can get AAA this year as I didn't really revise at all last year and did fine, I'm resitting a module which should bump one of my AS grades up to an A and I hope I can maintain or improve on what I already have. If all goes well I could end up with A*AA this year but that's best case. I should probably end up with AAB which I think will get me into these uni's if not i'll just go clearing.

My choices are Exeter, Southampton, Newcastle, Birmingham and York.

Do you think that's ok? I have quite coursework heavy subjects this year so I can have a good headstart anyway.
    If you can achieve that, looks like some good choices, don't apply to low universities which you don't want to go to all because of some predicted grades, I'm applying to uni's above my predicted grades. I just did bad last year since I didn't care enough and had goals, not gonna base my uni choices on predicted grades because of my failures last year thats cowardly, instead just gonna work hard this year and aim high, best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayless)
    If you can achieve that, looks like some good choices, don't apply to low universities which you don't want to go to all because of some predicted grades, I'm applying to uni's above my predicted grades. I just did bad last year since I didn't care enough and had goals, not gonna base my uni choices on predicted grades because of my failures last year thats cowardly, instead just gonna work hard this year and aim high, best of luck to you
    Thanks, you too!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.