Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will Mourinho be fired if they lose to Norwich? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yes. That was never going to work out, i'll be amazed if he can speak any Spanish.
    I'm sure he can speak Spanish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ45u38deRM

And here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhEfSUPnZL4

I stand corrected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Any Premier League side which starts the season with Cameron Jerome as their main striker deserves to be relegated
    He is in my fantasy team, stop hating on him.

You are right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    I meant Chelsea in the 13/14 season.
    Chelsea in the 13/14 season were good on the counter but you cited Matic and Fabregas, Fabregas came in 14/15 while Matic only came into the fore properly in 14/15 too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He should be. Norwich are pony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    No way will they lose to relegation fodder like Norwich
    Never say never with this chelsea team!

ReputationRep:
    I think they could fire him if they lose the Norwich game but the question is who could replace him

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho isn't getting sacked anytime soon.

The club need the fans on their side when they want to buy the pitch shares from the fans to build the new stadium, and there's absolutely no way that will happen if they sack the most successful manager we've ever had.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can see this being the game that Chelsea start to turn the screw, to be honest.

Norwich have been increasingly fallible since they managed to grind out a draw at Anfield against us, and their back-line is exposed due to the midfield they have, and it doesn't help Neil that he has to try and keep a side up who boast the exact same defence as when they got relegated not long ago!

But regardless, I expect Chelsea to recover and to win this weekend. Costa has been off the boil, but he and Remy linked up rather well against Stoke I felt, and Hughes' side were exceptional on the day.

Norwich won't be able to ask the same questions of them, you'd imagine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Chelsea's next few fixtures are piss easy, I expect them to win every game until Christmas. By Jan the top 6 will be the same top 6 it always is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Chelsea's next few fixtures are piss easy, I expect them to win every game until Christmas. By Jan the top 6 will be the same top 6 it always is
    January will be the 20th gameweek. The 13th game week is tomorrow. Chelsea are 14 points behind Leicester. Unless Leicester don't win half their games and Chelsea win all theirs will they end up overtaking Leicester.

Granted, Vardy and co do have a tough run-up, but they're against Bournemouth and Newcastle who they should maul, as well as Swansea, Everton and Chelsea who they'll fancy their chances against.

Chelsea do have three fixtures in eight days coming up, including a trip to Israel which could cause fatigue too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The FF's WOAT predictor strikes again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spurs away next weekend, Leicester away, United and Palace away before new years day.

(Original post by difeo)
    The FF's WOAT predictor strikes again
    He should really win that award tbh

ReputationRep:
    He will stay if they lose. Emenalo's interview in the Telegraph probably sums up Roman's feelings closest. Just lol'd at the comment when he's talking about "expert opinions", clearly backing up Terry's comments after criticism received on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thoughts on the above sexism Lyrical Prodigy?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Spurs away next weekend, Leicester away, United and Palace away before new years day.
    I said up until Christmas.

Norwich, Spurs, Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford is a piss easy run of games. Especially when 4 of them are at home.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by difeo)
    thoughts on the above sexism Lyrical Prodigy?
    These types of comments need to be consigned to history, with FHM, Zoo and Top Gear imho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I said up until Christmas.Norwich, Spurs, Bournemouth, Leicester, Sunderland and Watford is a piss easy run of games. Especially when 4 of them are at home.
    Leicester and Spurs away are piss easy games.....? Okay then lol

I'm genuinely curious to hear your logic on how Chelsea will get 14/15 points more than Leicester over the course of seven games when their fixture list is:

Norwich (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Watford (H)
    Man Utd (A)

Chelsea at peak (which they haven't been at since January) would get 18/19 points from those. But even if you're naive prediction were to be accurate, Leicester would have to only get 3/4 points from their remaining seven fixtures which is particularly silly when you consider they have Newcastle tomorrow, Swansea in a few weeks and an injury ravaged United to play next week. Add to that Chelsea will be playing three fixtures in eight days including an away game in Asia, it makes your prediction look really daft.

It's not as though Chelsea have good replacements for the already burnt out first team. Their bench largely consists of kids and sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    No way jose, mourinho is one of the best, its still early days, dont know why everyone is fixating on him getting sacked, every manager has a little spout

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    No way jose, mourinho is one of the best, its still early days, dont know why everyone is fixating on him getting sacked, every manager has a little spout
    Managers get sacked very easily in the modern game, even after little spouts, as you put it. Managers have been sacked for less by boards who aren't as trigger happy as Abramovich and co.

Look at Monk for instance, he's a dead cert at the bookies to get sacked/leave despite the fact that Swansea are less than four places below targeted and had naff all investment the past two seasons.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The way you win is by creating a siege mentality, but now that has fallen in on itself for Chelsea.

They've run their hearts out for a season, going to the runt of the litter and playing supremely to win the league, but they don't seem to realise that in this day and age it's so difficult to retain the league anyway.

You can see why players are struggling.

There's no love or enjoyment involved for Chelsea, and when Mourinho has problems in a couple of areas of the pitch, it has just become about results.

Everything is about winning - and they haven't won. Fabregas and Hazard dropped off, Costa came back struggling with fitness and goals, Ivanovic and JT fell off a cliff.

Now, you're in a situation like this where it's not just about results to try and reclaim a title race, but it's now a struggle to get back into the top four and that must be a terrible thing for somebody who is a champion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.